Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defense as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has achieved a more than six fold order book increase since 2000.
Perform a variety of routine clerical tasks and duties such as preparation and review of documents and forecasts; improve ways of working to go a paperless process
1. Learn, Create, and Develop: 50%
- Learn the process and procedures within the Blade Shop repair process
- Assist in the creation of a visual scheduling process
- Assist in the creation of KPIs, statistics, and analysis of the shop repairs
- Assist in the development of final projects and presentations
2. Continuous improvement: 45%
- Assist in continuous improve projects (i.e. digital binder project, iObeya implementation, SQCD set-up …etc.)
- Provide assistance in several areas of the improvement plan project (updating of processes & procedures, lean-management, etc.)
3. Other Duties Assigned: 5%
- Maintain supplies, files, logs or perform other general clerical duties
- Run errands, operate general office equipment or perform similar routine duties capable of being performed with simple instruction or by applying standard procedures and practices
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- High school diploma and currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program.
- Requires no formal work experience.
- Administrative Support
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Microsoft Office Proficient
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively
Technical Systems Proficiency:
- Microsoft Office
- 5% Domestic and International
- Authorized to Work in the US
Decision Making, Complexity:
- Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall adequacy and accuracy
- Works under general supervision
- Must be fully autonomous in daily activities
- Interact with various departments
- Refers to policies and practices for guidance
- Solves routine problems of limited/moderate scope and complexity
- Exempt: 0
- Non-exempt: 0
Job Dimensions, Contributions to Success:
- Contributions are usually limited to task-related activities. Errors do not typically have a major effect on the organization
Nature of Contacts:
- Contacts are primarily with immediate supervisor and other personnel in the MAR department. Will have contact with other internal departments
- Onsite: [Daily unless traveling]
- Vision: able to see and read computer screen and other electronic equipment with screens, able to read documents, reports and engineering drawings. [Daily]
- Hearing: able to hear to participate in conversations in person and via teleconference or phone and to hear sounds on production floor including safety warnings or alarms. [Daily]
- Speaking: able to speak in conversations and meetings, deliver information and participate in communications. [Daily]
- Equipment Operation (personal computer, telephone, copies, fax machine, and related office equipment and using electronic identification card to enter building floors and internal doors): able to operate most office and personal electronic equipment and some tools including production tools such as hydraulic lifts. [Daily]
- Carrying: able to carry documents, tools, drawings, electronic equipment up to 30lbs/14kgs. [Daily]
- Lifting: able to lift documents, tools, drawings, electronic equipment up to 30lbs/14kgs. [Daily]
- Pushing / Pulling: able to push and pull small office furniture and some equipment and tools. [Weekly]
- Sitting: able to sit for long periods of time in meetings, working on computer. [Daily]
- Squatting / Kneeling: able to squat or kneel to retrieve or replace items stored on low shelving.[Daily]
- Standing: able to stand for discussions in offices or on production floor. [Daily]
- Travel: able to travel independently and at short notice. [5%]
- Walking (include routine walking such as to a shared printer to retrieve documents): able to walk through office and production areas including uneven surfaces. [Daily]
- Personal Protective Equipment required: Required PPE includes, but is not limited to, Safety Shoes, Safety Glasses, Hearing Protection, Respirators/Masks, and/or Protective Gloves as required by site and/or customer site
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status
As a leader in our field, Airbus Helicopters, Inc. provides relocation assistance for qualified positions and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
As a matter of policy, Airbus Helicopters, Inc. does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Airbus Helicopters, Inc. does not offer tenured or guaranteed employment. Employment with Airbus is at will, meaning either the company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.
NOTE: Airbus Helicopters, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.