Alarm.com, a rapidly expanding, entrepreneurial technology company, is seeking ambitious, talented Firmware Device Engineer Interns for the Summer 2021.
Few companies innovate and develop across such a broad range of technologies as Alarm.com. The Firmware Device Engineer position is ideal for candidates who want to work with technologies such as wide area cell networks (CDMA, 3G-HSPA, 4G-LTE), local mesh networks (ZWave, Zigbee), smart sensors, and IoT devices for home automation and security applications.
The Firmware Device Engineer Intern’s primary job responsibilities will include:
- Developing, testing, and debugging embedded C software in an embedded microcontroller, android or linux environment;
- Coordinating with other departments, such as Quality Engineering, Software Engineering and Product Management to ensure on-time delivery of a fully tested and compatible device that meets customer satisfaction
- Must be currently pursuing a B.A., B.S. or M.S. in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering (Liberal arts academic experience or interests is also a plus)
- Academic or previous internship experience in development with microcontrollers, sensing devices, and embedded software.
- Experience in Embedded C programming
- Familiarity with communication protocols, such as UART, SPI, or I2C.
- Experience using revision control systems such as Git or SVN
- Self-starter, analytical, tenacious problem solver
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Rigorous attention to detail with focus on robustness, scalability, and quality of products
- Passion for working with technology and excitement for creating high quality consumer technology product
- Embedded Linux or Android experience
- Atmel ARM experience
- Familiarity with wide area cell networks, local mesh networks or broadband networks
- Familiarity in hardware design, and schematics
- Experience with RTOS
- Experience with Object-oriented programming
WHY WORK FOR ALARM.COM?
- Collaborate with outstanding people: We hire only the best. Our standards are high and our employees enjoy working alongside other high achievers.
- Make an immediate impact: New employees can expect to be given real responsibility for bringing new technologies to the marketplace. You are empowered to perform as soon as you join the Alarm.com team!
- Gain well rounded experience: Alarm.com offers a diverse and dynamic environment where you will get the chance to work directly with executives and develop expertise across multiple areas of the business.
- Work with the latest technologies: You’ll gain exposure to a broad spectrum of IoT, SaaS and M2M technologies including wireless communication, video monitoring, smart home automation, web development, and backend application development and hosting.
- Focus on fun: Alarm.com places high value on our team culture. We even have a committee dedicated to hosting a stand-out holiday party, happy hours, and other fun corporate events.
Alarm.com is the leading cloud-based platform for the smart home. Millions of home and business owners depend on our technology every day to make their properties safer, smarter, and more efficient. We make the Smart Home broadly accessible by enabling easy automation and control across a range of connected devices through our single, intuitive user interface. Alarm.com earned the Top Workplace™ award for its employee culture and the meaningful work we do every day to develop and bring to market new technology that will make millions of people safer and help them use energy more efficiently. We’re seeking those who are passionate about creating change through technology and who want to make a lasting impact on the world around them. Our solutions are exclusively distributed through a network of authorized service providers.
For more information, please visit www.alarm.com.
Alarm.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we may collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment, record keeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.