Group Leader / After School Teacher
2020 – 2021 School Year
About the Position:
Do you have a passion for learning? Do you desire to make a difference in the life of a child and spark excitement into the learning process? If so, the Program Leader / Teacher position at AlphaBEST, in our Frisco ISD area elementary schools is perfect for you! We offer teacher training, competitive salary and special discount rates for employee’s children. After school hours are from 2:30 to 6:30 PM, Monday – Friday. The shifts will vary and are approximately 4 hours each day (20 hours per week).
Our goal is to inspire young minds to see the world as a place brimming with possibilities for discovery. The Program Leader / Teacher assists the Site Director with the implementation of a high quality program, which promotes curiosity, creativity and a love of learning. The Zone Leader delivers lessons and facilitates learning by maintaining a healthy, safe, warm and engaging learning environment, in accordance with state regulations. Our unique curriculum is designed to be actively engaging for children and ” teacher friendly “, for ease of delivery.
If you thrive in an environment that promotes success through creativity, innovation, collaboration and fun, you will jump at this challenge. Come be a part of an awesome team of committed individuals with a passion for children and learning.
In this exciting role, you’ll be trained and have the chance to do the following:
- Plan and facilitate core programming to advance the physical, social, emotional, and intellectual development of children.
- Work collaboratively with peers, share program-related information and share in collective tasks.
- Encourage creativity and intellectual curiosity by building on the student’s interests and talents.
- Follow licensing regulations/standards, such as reporting child incidents and proper health and hygiene procedures.
- Continuously monitor environment, including outside play areas to maintain a safe and healthy site.
- Provide a caring family-oriented environment where positive staff, child, and parent relationships are fostered.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- High school diploma or High school equivalent; OR (C) High school certificate of coursework completion as defined in Texas Education Code, 28.025 OR (d); Complete pre-service training, as specified in Division 4 of this subchapter
- 6 months experience instructing children in a group setting is desired. Prefer two or more years’ experience.
- Ability to motivate and engage children and manage behavioral challenges.
- Serves as a positive role model; must be enthusiastic, energetic, creative and sensitive to children.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet program staffing needs.
- Good judgement and sound decision making.
- Ability to provide a supportive and caring environment for children.
Visit our website at: www.alphabest.org to learn more about AlphaBEST and the exciting learning environment we offer.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.