Job Title:Associate Project Manager, Product Management
The Who, What, Where And Why
The Associate Project Manager assists the Chief Product Officer within the Product Management function by providing support for the planning, implementation, and tracking of key internal projects and KPI’s.
Project Managers ensure the project is completed on time and within budget, that the project’s objectives are met and that the customer is satisfied with the success of the product delivered. Projects require a group of people to work together to achieve a set of specific objectives. Project Managers oversee the project to ensure the desired result is achieved, the most efficient resources are used and the different interests involved are satisfied.
- We are looking for someone with 0 – 2 years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree.
- Very good educational background, preferably in the fields of computer science or engineering.
- Working experience in project management in the information technology sector.
- Limited technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project.
- Personal Characteristics – Enthusiastic, works well under pressure, self-motivated.
In this role you would:
- Plan the project
- Assist in defining the scope of the project in collaboration with the Product Management Leadership Team.
- Creation of a detailed work plan, which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project.
- Assist with the development of a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities.
- Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required and come to agreement on the necessary work to be performed.
- Assist with Determining the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion.
- Staff the project
- In consultation with the appropriate manager, select staff with appropriate skills for the project activities.
- Ensure that all project personnel receive an appropriate orientation to the organization and the project.
- Implement the project
- Assist in executing the project according to the project plan.
- Set up document repository to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured.
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project.
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project.
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards.
- Control the project
- In some cases, performs as the initial management escalation point for any project related issues.
- Minimizes exposure and risk on projects.
- Evaluate the project
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality.
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase.
- Ensure that all internal and external interactions are handled professionally and with the highest level of service, follow-through and consistently keep commitments.
- Ensure a professional communication manner when in-person or in writing or on the phone at all times.
In this role you will get to learn and grow in a rapidly expanding software organization. You will report directly to the CPO (Chief Product Officer).
Aptean is where go-getters with strong problem solving skills can thrive. We provide learning opportunities across the company so that you can build a career here no matter your background. Each and every one of us has a different story and different strengths. We are a dynamic company that cares about our 1,800+ employees as much as our customers and our leadership team believes in finding and retaining awesome people.
To promote health and wellness, Aptean employees are provided with competitive compensation, robust benefits beginning day-one, and a self-managed PTO policy. Our open-office environment and modern breakroom allow people to get to know each other from across departments.
This position will be located in our corporate headquarters at 4325 Alexander Dr (Suite 100) in Alpharetta, GA. Currently due to COVID the role will start remotely, but the expectation is for this role to eventually be back in the office. You will enjoy our perks: free snacks, game room, open office environment and modern breakroom that allow people to get to know each other from across departments, massages, monthly birthday celebrations, and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes the power of working collaboratively and winning together; that strives to balance work and home life, that seeks and hires teams of motivated go-getters, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, and empower others to thrive.
Aptean is a private-equity backed software company that connects companies in specific industries with specialized software solutions. In today’s fast-paced, highly competitive economy, organizations don’t have time to waste forcing homegrown software, spreadsheets, and one-size-fits-all solutions to do things they were never designed to do. Aptean is on a mission to end those workarounds with streamlined industry-specific software solutions. That’s why over 4,100+ highly specialized organizations in more than 20 industries and 54 countries rely on us to simplify their everyday operations.
If you are looking for a company where you can give your best, work collaboratively, and build your career, we encourage you to submit an application!
Aptean, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. In accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws we do not tolerate discrimination or harassment against any applicant for employment or employee with Aptean because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other group status protected by applicable law.