American Palestinian Women’s Association is a nonprofit organization incorporated under the laws of the State of Virginia. APWA is a non- political secular organization that represents American Palestinian women whether they may be Christian, Muslim, Jew, or not.
Visit https://americanpalestinianwomen.wordpress.com/ for more information about APWA.
To analyze APWA’s fundraising events; Design, plan, and lead the execution of fundraising and event efforts; Build strategic relationships within the community; Conduct a variety of outreach activities; Lead the Outreach/Fundraising meetings; Manage the administrative aspects of the various fundraising programs; Establish strategic and communication plans; Create a diversified annual fundraising plan that is in alignment with APWA’s strategic plan.
· Creates a diversified annual fundraising plan that is in alignment with APWA’s strategic plan
· Assist in preparing for board and committee meetings, consult with board members to set
meeting agendas, update board members on activities, and event preparations.
· Prepare materials for fundraising and special events.
· Assist with prospect donor research, donor cultivation, and grant preparation.
· Reorganize, update, and maintain the website.
· Maintain documents required for grant submissions, donor stewardship, and cultivation pieces.
This includes budgets, qualitative and quantitative outcome data and narratives.
· Manage the administrative aspects of the various fundraising events, event programs, including
having updated solicitation and welcome materials on hand, updating the website at the end of
each of the events conducted, and issue formal donor acknowledgment letter.
· Conducts activities related to establishing and managing annual giving campaigns, event
planning, and fundraising activities.
II. Expand APWA’s Donor Pool
· Supports and grows special events and third-party opportunities to increase donor pool.
· Develops and directs a program for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individual
donors, businesses, and foundations.
· Manages a timely and appropriate donor management and acknowledgement system.
· Maintains accurate records and provides regular reports on goals in the fundraising plan.
III. Community Outreach
· Creates an outreach plan.
· Develops plan to recruit, train, and utilize volunteers.
· Attends relevant community meetings; Participates in relevant councils and committees.
· Schedules outreach presentations and communicates with the board regarding program
coverage and responsibilities.
· Develops a consistent presentation outline (in print and online).
· Develops online outreach materials and virtual packets.
· Maintains relationships with collaborative partners and cultivates new ones.
· Assists in the coordination of fundraising events including, donor/partner/volunteer appreciation
· Create and administer an APWA donor management system.
III. Other Duties
· Assist with grant research and writing.
Required Qualifications and Skills
· Knowledge about the Palestinians and their needs
· Excellent written and presentation communication skills
· High-level attention to detail and strong organization skills
· Ability to manage multiple projects
· Outgoing and engaging personality with confidence to interact face to face with individual donors,
supporters, and board members
· Experience preparing reports for funding sources
· Knowledge and experience with social media platforms and websites
· Ability to prepare and present oral and written reports on development and outreach activities, to
track and assess progress and address program deficiencies as they occur.
Hours and Benefits
- Unpaid but Academic credit is available.
- Hours and schedule are negotiable – length of the internship is also negotiable
- Arab American candidates with an affinity to the Palestinian people and the Palestinian cause are encouraged to apply