INTERNSHIP AT BLOSSOM HILL
Blossom is a 501(c)3 based in New Canaan, CT. It was founded ten years ago with a mission to fund innovative ideas to help children affected by war and conflict in the Middle East. To date, Blossom Hill has reached over 60,000 children in 23 countries with breakthrough programs for refugee children through its Fellowship Program for Social Entrepreneurs. By investing in the future of these children, this model provides a multi-layered impact on both their human growth and development as well as that of their communities. Our programs are sustainable and replicable and we are committed to scaling up our impact to reach more displaced children.
Currently, we are implementing 15 programs in child development, education, vocational training, and legal technology platforms for asylum procedures in ten countries. For more information, please visit our website.
Number of Interns: Blossom Hill is seeking two interns Duration: January – June 2021 (longer if interested)
Time commitment: 2 days/week or more (depending on availability)
Skills needed: Videography/film editing/social media
Interns will be required to do the following:
• Edit video clips from footage we receive featuring our programs on the ground for fundraising and donor messaging
• Come up with ideas for compelling video storytelling for which our Fellows will collect footage/photographs
• Edit short social media posts 3 x week (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter) on our programs and refugee facts provided by our Fellows to make them more compelling
• Work on strategies to increase social media followers
• Open to other possibilities depending on the skills and interest of the candidate