If interstested, please email resume to Adam Gersh @ firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Technology Intern”.
ARCADIS is looking for looking for people with a passion to drive and execute Digital to the core of everything we do. We firmly believe in “Everything Digital, Digital Everything.” We are transforming, we are reimagining the industry and we are reimagining how communities and nations can help becoming more sustainable places to live for today and future generations.
Technology is the core and integral part of what we do – all the way from empowering Arcadians to harnessing power of data and AI/ML for sensors, IIOT and Advanced Drones – the technology teams are Dreaming Big and Delivering on the Future. As part of our Technology drive, we are looking to on-board talented and passionate people across multiple locations including parts of Europe and North America.
This is an internship opportunity where the candidate would work remote, so there is flexibility to work around your academic schedule and you can be based anywhere in the United States.
You could work as few as 20 hours/week, or as many as 40 hours/week from November/December 2020 through the summer (August), with a possibility of converting the role into a full time job upon graduation.
If you will, or in the future, require sponsorship (i.e. H-1B visa, etc.) to legally work in the U.S. we would not be able to consider you for this position.
Who you are:
- Possess excellent design and coding skills achieved through an academic course of study which specializes in data science, cloud engineering, software engineering, or other technical specialties.
- You are curious. You like to learn new technologies and you adapt well to change.
- You are equally excited about working with cloud-native stack, building on Azure and AWS cloud, and creating, defining, and managing complex data models.
- You possess a sense of intellectual curiosity and a burning desire to learn.
- You possess a strong sense of data and software engineering craftsmanship, and you take pride in your code.
- You thrive in collaborative, agile teams and are ready to take on new and unexpected challenges while building the next wave of software engineering solutions, fueled by a strong data model.
- You abide by a “You Build It, You Own It” attitude.
What You’ll Own:
- Collaborating with and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions in full-stack development tools and technologies.
- Learning from, and supporting, senior level team members as you hone the craftsmanship, security, availability, resilience, and scalability of solutions.
- Bringing a passion to stay on top of current trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal and external technology communities, as a protégé to a senior technical team leader.
- Exploring innovation and taking part in the implementation of cutting-edge technologies, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, and self-organization.
The ideal candidates should:
- Expect to receive a Master’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or in a related field.
- Academic experience developing desktop and mobile applications.
- Familiarity with common stacks, as well as knowledge of web development .NET Core, ASP.NET, Entity Framework and Azure Web Apps Relevant experience in web development Nodejs, MEAN Stack and AngularJS/ React.
- Knowledge of multiple front-end languages, back-end languages and libraries and abilities handle every aspect of frontend, backend development and services plus 3rd party API integration
- Computer Science coursework
- Development Experience (Microsoft Technology preferred)
- Interest/Experience in Big Data
- Group project work