Avidyne Corporation is a market-leader in the design and manufacture of advanced-capability avionics systems for general aviation aircraft. The company has set a new standard in pilot-friendly, easy-to-use products, with its full line of communication, navigation, flight displays, surveillance, and flight control systems. Avidyne is headquartered in Melbourne, FL, with facilities in Concord, MA and Westerville, OH.
This position demands a high energy, self motivated individual who is ready to learn and is comfortable working independently and as a team member. This position will be required to interface directly with FAA project management and systems engineers as well as with customers and suppliers to achieve results.
The selected applicant will be engaged in systems engineering, aircraft integration, ground and flight test and ultimately FAA certification of avionics products in fixed wing and rotary-wing aircraft as a member of Avidyne’s flight test and certification team.
- Resolve interface issues by coordinating project requirements with Systems and Design Engineering to provide desired functionality.
- Develop and/or participate in compliance tests ground and flight
- Develop or revise compliance data products to include:
- Certification Plans and compliance checklists
- System safety requirements, analysis and documentation
- Test Plans avionics cooling, engine sensor accuracy, EMI/RFI , nav/com performance
- Test reports
- Environmental compatibility
- Instructions for continued airworthiness
- Interface with FAA project management and systems engineers to achieve acceptable means of compliance.
- Prepare and present materials to FAA ACO principals on individual projects or specific cert issues
- Ongoing interface with ACO on project progress, issues.
- BS in Engineering Electrical, Aerospace or CS from accredited college or university
- Hands-on experience in experiment or hardware/software system development through coursework, internship or school project.
- Communicate clearly and professionally (written and oral) with other company personnel and customers as required.
- Avionics specialization or coursework or project(s) undergraduate, work sponsored or graduate
- Familiarity or exposure to FAA TSO, STC, TC processes
- Knowledge of DO-160 environmental qualification testing
- Familiarity or exposure to DO-178 and DO-254 software and complex electronic hardware assurance processes.
- Working knowledge of conformity inspection processes to support FAA approvals
- Avionics Repairman certificate or A&P
- Pilots license
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Avidyne provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, genetic information, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, family care status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability, medical condition, or with respect to any other protected class.