Teachers plan, implement, and supervise all classroom activities. This position works with typically developing children and children with disabilities. The position works in tandem with an integrated team to support the goals of the program.
- Work with program management and specialist staff to ensure that the classroom environment and activities meet all applicable local, state and federal regulations including, but not limited to: program policies and procedures, Head Start Program Performance Standards, Texas Education Agency, NAEYC Accreditation Standards and TDFPS (Child Care Licensing) regulations.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning, captures the interest of children, is engaging and developmentally appropriate.
- Plan and implement the prescribed educational curriculum through learning experiences that advance the intellectual, social and physical development of children.
- Develop and implement lesson plans and daily routines for children in accordance with each child’s need, based on a method of observing and recording children’s interests and current levels of functioning.
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, based on authentic, performance-based assessment and research that is consistent with the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Screens, observes and documents progress in program prescribed assessment system.
- Communicates regularly with parents regarding their children’s academic and developmental progress and documents the communications.
- Plan and supervise purposeful assignments for Teaching Assistants and volunteers.
- Perform professional responsibilities in terms of regular attendance, maintenance of accurate records and timely submission of reports.
- Perform any other duties as may be required.
Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood Education Required
Texas Teacher Core/Generalist EC Certification Required
Bilingual Certification Required