The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
The Ball Aerospace Internship Program is a 10-week summer program that provides interns with practical experience working on relevant projects while working with designated mentors; access to state-of-the-art equipment; a competitive wage; relocation reimbursement; in-house training; group activities; possible future employment and the ability to participate in the Ball Aerospace Remote Sensing Team (BIRST) program to build and launch a rocket or high-altitude balloon. At the conclusion of your internship, you will be required to prepare and deliver a formal presentation of your project work to your respective department.
Intern – Facilities & Interiors Planning
Work in a team environment assisting full-time Facilities Project Planners complete interior renovations of office space, enhance office amenities and services, design new buildings, and support growth across Ball campuses in Westminster, Lafayette, Broomfield and Boulder.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist with Planning & Interior projects where you will perform project documentation, prepare written documents, communication and presentation materials for meetings and presentations, and update and track budgets for new construction, building refreshes
- Perform a wide variety of administrative tasks, such as documenting procedures and facilities standards, preparing reports, compiling data on space utilization for analysis, assisting with vendor coordination, investigating and resolving problems.
- Assist with vendor management and oversight, including scheduling, invoice review, inspection and onsite supervision of completed tasks.
- Assist with maintaining and updating web-based furniture standards, updating furniture symbol libraries, provide notes and updates to the Data Base Administrator for input into AutoCAD, as requested.
- Complete regular Facilities tours and assist with ensuring floor plan and employee seating accuracy.
- Conclusion of internship requires the preparation and formal presentation of project work to the Facilities Planning & Interior department and project customers as appropriate.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Must have completed your sophomore or junior year and be enrolled in a degree program for the fall of 2021. We will also accept students enrolled in a post graduate program.
- Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Working towards a degree in Facilities Management, Interior Design, Project Management or a related field.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills.
- Demonstrated interest in facilities design or construction/project management through school projects and hobbies.
- Proficiency with MS Office Tools.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.