Camp Hebron, a 340-acre camp & retreat center, in Halifax, PA is seeking Lesson instructors and barn staff. Camp Hebron serves approximately 1,500 in our summer programs and thousands year-round in retreat ministry. The horsemanship program operates as a CHA accredited facility. We are blessed to have an exceptional stall barn and indoor arena. Between the trails, indoor and outdoor arenas we offer flexibility in program design. Our strong summer camp, lessons, and arena/trail programs are well respected. This is a 3/4 time position with salary and potential onsite housing as part of the employment package.
Applicants are expected to have:
- Extensive Horse Riding Experience
- Some experience in formal horsemanship education
- Ability to complete certification clinic in horsemanship safety
Some Responsibilities include:
· Scheduling, planning, and facilitating multiple lessons in a week as the instructor.
· Assist with feedings, general chores, and horse care.
· Maintain lesson records, record horse usage, and other documentation as necessary.
· Make sure all documentation on trail and arena rides is being finished and filed appropriately
· Assist with marketing the program and helping grow the ministry.
· Reporting general maintenance issues or concerns.
· Work as part of a healthy team as we grow ministry together.
· Inspect and provide routine maintenance and repair to all tack
· Make sure that trail riding string is ready to perform arena rides and/or trail riding
· Assist in general maintenance of all facilities and equipment including the barns, yard area, and spaces used for hosting guests or caring for horses
· Preparing for/hosting special events (Deck the Stalls, pony parties, clinics and etc…)
· Assist with seasonal switches for water sources, fans, general circulation, and other items at the barn.