- Fun, energetic & creative.
- Enthusiastic about working with boys ages 7-16.
- A positive role-model.
- Able to share our belief that nothing is more important than safety.
- Comfortable teaching all levels, from the nervous to experienced.
- Supportive & patient.
- Salary starting at $2,700
- Camp Skylemar provides and covers the cost for all necessary certifications and training.
- Travel expenses
- Staff shirts
- Internet Access
- Internship credit is available
Temporary / Seasonal
Camp Skylemar is a well-established (since 1948) recreational summer camp, located in the Lakes Region of southern Maine. Skylemar offers top-notch instruction for 200 boys, ages 7-17. The setting is spectacular and well maintained, overlooking the White Mountains with 200 acres of fields, courts, forest and a beautiful virtually private lake, Trickey Pond. Camp Skylemar, is hiring staff who want to make a positive difference in the world, one child at a time. You’ll have the opportunity to be a leader, teacher, coach, mentor and hero. You’ll find that being a staff member at Camp Skylemar is not only a great experience, but the best and most important job you will ever have. The program features land and water athletics (soccer, lacrosse, baseball, tennis, golf, hockey, basketball, volleyball, football, archery, swimming, water-skiing, wake-surfing, wake-boarding, sailing, fishing, kayaking, canoeing, paddle boarding etc.) as well as outdoor oriented activities (hiking, camping, ropes & challenge course, outdoor education, backpacking, climbing, campcraft). Non-athletic activities include cooking, theater, arts, graphic design, woodworking, crafts, photography, science, tutoring, video production & sports broadcasting. Health and wellness positions include, nutritionists, RN’s and nurses assistants.