Carrier is a leading provider of HVAC, refrigeration, fire, security, and building automation technologies. These high-technology products and services enable modern life by delivering efficiency, safety, and security across several platforms!
Brief Description of Key Job Requirements:
Diverse set of responsibilities including General Accounting, Cost Accounting, Sarbanes Oxley, Accounts Receivable, and Accounts Payable transactions. Assist with month end close, analysis and reconciliation of financial information, and preparation of financial reporting.
- Perform monthly financial close activities including update and maintenance of the General Ledger, analysis of departmental expenses, assisting with financial reporting
- Perform monthly account reconciliations for a wide range of accounts
- Perform daily bank reconciliation on operating cash
- Perform daily bookings/shipments update and analysis
- Assist with Sarbanes-Oxley documentation, testing and compliance
- Perform various cost accounting responsibilities including participation in MRB and Debit Memo meetings, freight auditing, and monitoring goods in transit and cycle counts
- Perform P-Card admin functions including assisting P-Card holders for different needs, monitoring / auditing P-Card spending and post P-Card activities to the general ledger
- Assist in business processes and continuous improvement under the company’s ACE program
Systems Interaction with: JD Edwards, ARMS, eSox, Hyperion Financial System, Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook), Showcase Query
Departments Interacted With: Finance, Operations, Quality, Engineering, Sales & Marketing
- Minimum BS Degree in Accounting/Finance
Requires 0-2 years of related accounting experience
- Working knowledge of GAAP Accounting Principles
- Ability to multi-task and work independently in a fast paced environment
- Strong team skills and proven ability to work in a diverse group of people
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Outstanding problem solving and high degree of energy
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with JD Edwards and Hyperion Financial System a plus
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.