Carrier, is a leading provider of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings.
Excellent opportunity for a highly motivated individual to assume the Co-op Tax Reporting and Compliance role within the Tax organization! This is a six-month assignment. As a member of the Tax Reporting and Compliance team, the role will be directly involved in the quarterly tax reforecast and closing process. Job responsibilities include preparation of tax returns, consolidated tax provision support, and subsequent analysis. The role will also perform fluctuation analysis of period to period balance sheet changes in consolidated tax accounts.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Assist in Quarterly and Year-end closing processes
- Assistance with analysis to support the reporting processes
- Preparation of federal income tax returns
- Preparation of state and local income tax returns
- Assistance with the international compliance process
- Assistance with analysis to support the federal consolidation
- Support federal audit group, as necessary
- Follow Sarbanes-Oxley controls’ requirements
- Other duties may include special projects as necessary
Education / Certifications:
- Participation in a degree in finance area.
Experience / Qualifications:
- 1-2 years of compliance experience in a large, multi-national, corporate tax or accounting firm environment
- Understanding of the income tax compliance process from data sourcing through tax return filing
- Experience with Excel and Word
- Good interpersonal skills, including ability and desire to communicate, collaborate, and coordinate with others throughout Tax and Finance organizations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work with large amounts of data to deliver required outputs
- Passion for learning including understanding processes
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant’s Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant’s Privacy Notice