As a healthcare company that uses AI to auto fill research forms, we are looking for a Data Engineering Intern responsible for analyzing trends in our data, then writing small algorithms to auto-populate data from our knowledge graph. For example, if trying to automate a field asking whether a patient was on a ventilator during their time in the ICU, you would analyze the data in our knowledge graph for potential answers. Then you would write a bot that takes in the various data and determines if the patient is on the ventilator at the same time as their ICU stay. In addition to writing these bots, you would work closely with our engineering team to learn about the cutting edge of data engineering in healthcare.
Are you driven to make an impact in healthcare? We believe that the path to better patient outcomes starts with more fulfilled, better utilized clinicians who are liberated to focus on their true calling, helping patients. At Carta, we design products that transform the way hospitals use data to deliver care. We make analyzing data fast, easy, and useful for everyone.
You love solving complex engineering problems by understanding trends in the data. You’re a positive individual who cultivates conceptual thinking and brings a curiosity and experimental approach to solving engineering challenges. You enjoy building new features and writing elegant code. If this describes you–you belong at Carta.
What you’ll do:
- Write code to translate data from our FHIR knowledge graph to auto fill forms
- Working with our clinical staff to understand the data
- Exploring, processing, and validating data
- Create reusable code, libraries, and plug-ins for future use
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
What you bring:
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Python expertise (3+ years experience)
- Postgres or SQL expertise
- Job is remote but candidates must be US-based
- Familiarity with Jupyter notebooks or other data science tools
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (i.e. git)
- A detail-focused, analytical approach to solving problems
- Excellent communication skills and experience in collaborative environments
- The desire to be continually learning about emerging technologies/industry trends
Carta is an equal opportunity employer with a collaborative culture.
Excited to talk to you!