Position: Parish & Community Relations Virtual Intern
Location: Virtually until further notice.
Time commitment: As discussed and agreed upon by on-site supervisor. Days/times are flexible, minimum 6 hours per week.
On-Site Supervisor: Lacy de la Garza, 469-801-8134, firstname.lastname@example.org
About Catholic Charities Dallas:
Catholic Charities calls the community to action to join us in addressing the root causes of poverty, hunger, and homelessness by serving, educating, and empowering all those in need.
CCD holds a unique spot in our community, that of a large multi-faceted faith-based social service agency who serves a broad base of people in need. We do a lot of good work that can be told to the community in many ways, but one large way is through building, maintaining, and improving our community relations with Catholic and non-Catholic community stakeholders alike. Community relations are an integral part of how CCD functions.
By actively participating in the organization of the parish and community relations office and overseeing all intern projects, you contribute positively to the future of our organization. Your efforts will lead to a more engaged, informed, and active community united in the effort to alleviate the suffering of our own community’s brothers and sisters.
- -Researching contact & background information and program specifics for specific community entities, including but not limited to Catholic parishes
- Accurate records management for Catholic parishes, community relationships, and ongoing advocacy informational work
- Write marketing content to ensure constituent communications
- Communicating with members of the community as requested (i.e. interviews, scheduling, etc.)
What makes a successful intern?
– Bilingual preferred (English & Spanish), but not required
– Highly motivated & autonomous individual
– Excellent communication, interpersonal, phone, and organizational skills
– Having an attitude of helpfulness and courtesy
– High level of computer savvy & an intermediate level of data-entry abilities
– Problem solving & critical thinking skills
– Willingness to be trained as needed