EXPERIENCED Licensed Counselor or Social Worker for Refugees, Asylum Seekers, and Immigrant Trauma Survivors-no interns please
Experience with children, adolescents, and adults
Seeking Licensed Mental Health Professional (e.g. LCSW, LMSW, LPC, PsyD, Licensed Psychologist) in the state of Texas with a minimum of two years’ experience. This position will be based in Austin office and will require an initial paid training with Center for Survivors of Torture’s Clinical Director
Center for Survivors of Torture
Assisting Survivors of Torture Heal & Discover + Build Meaningful Lives.
Are you looking for a stable career in counseling working with international trauma survivors working to build a brighter future in the United States? Center for Survivors of Torture (CST) is the sole accredited torture treatment center in the South-Central United States, working with clients around the state of Texas with offices in Dallas and Austin. As a counselor at CST, you will be working in a supportive and dynamic environment committed to your growth and development as a counselor working with some of our more resilient and courageous community members.
Our Values: Integrity, Compassion, and Making a Difference
Our Mission Statement: CST exists to facilitate healing, ease transition into new beginnings, and foster hope in survivors of torture. This is done by providing specialized services addressing clients’ comprehensive psychological, medical, and social needs, generating legal referrals, providing training opportunities for state-of-the-art professional service delivery, and collecting outcome measurements.
Our Vision Statement: To continue to provide free services as accomplished first-responder to addressing the mental health and related services needs of survivors.
The Position: The counselor reports directly to the Clinical Director and is accountable for all clinical work in the service area. This includes direct care for clients, appropriate training, ethics, and compliance with governing bodies. The licensed counselor assumes responsibilities related to enforcing clinical and case management policies and procedures, forms, documentation, and efficacy of all Austin care services. The licensed counselor will work collaboratively with the Clinical and Executive Directors to evaluate, facilitate, and implement the organization’s mission, goals, and objectives. You will interact with clients on a very regular basis and will have the opportunity to respond quickly and effectively to client needs.
- Provide holistic client-centered mental health and social services for a mission-driven organization
- Conduct initial screening and diagnostic interviews
- Set holistic wellness goals with clients and track progress for 25 + data points
- Work collaboratively within an interdisciplinary team
- Participate in all case consultation meetings and organizational meetings in order to determine best treatment for recovery
- Promptly complete and submit documentation including session chart notes, diagnostic assessment reports, treatment plans and summaries
- Management and provision of both quantitative and qualitative data for reporting to funders and grant applications
- Travel in order to collaborate with agencies and to provide counseling services on site when clients are located
- Serve as public presence for the organization to increase visibility and enhance reputation
Development & Growth Opportunities:
- Research and share current treatment methodologies and their efficacy and impact with the Clinical and Executive directors to ensure the most effective agency treatment plans
- Undertake speaking and training opportunities to increase community awareness about refugee and asylee mental health issues
- Assist with agency development initiatives by reaching out to contacts and collaborators & seeking new partnerships in DFW area
- Serve as a clinical resource to providers in other organizations working with similar populations
Experience & Qualifications
- Licensed mental health professional with no restrictions and minimum two years’ experience, no exceptions
- Thorough understanding of applicable state and federal regulations and professional ethics
- Strong commitment to Human Rights and Social Justice Advocacy
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Proficiency with Google Calendar and Google Drive and scheduling + communicating client appointments
- Cultural competence with an emphasis on humility and openness + willingness to grow and learn about other cultures
- Clinical proficiency with an integrative approach, utilizing techniques derived from theoretical models including trauma-informed, cognitive behavioral, relational-cultural, humanistic, existential, solution-oriented, person-centered, and narrative theories
- Experience working with survivors of torture preferred, experience with a culturally diverse population required
- Proficiency and comfort working in therapeutic situations with an interpreter
- Strong strengths-based clinical skills with preferred background in trauma informed care
- Emergency and crisis intervention skills
- Experience in healthcare field, non-profit agencies, or social services
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, but still be a part of a team
- Problem-solving and organizational leadership skills
- Mindfulness or meditation training is a plus
- Multilingual fluency preferred
- Must agree to an extensive background check
- Computer literacy in programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 per year
30% of work can be accomplished via Zoom & Professional Cleaning Services and personal protective equipment is provided
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of Counseling experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Driver’s License?
- Do you speak English?
- Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- Which days of the week are you available to work this job?
- How is your previous experience relevant to this role?
- Why are you interested in this job?
- When are you available for an interview or phone screen? Please list 2-3 dates and times or ranges of times.