The Consumer Banking & Enterprise Experience Summer Internship Program is a critical program within the bank for cultivating talented, young professionals who aspire to be future leaders. As part of this program, you’ll be asked to be part of something larger than yourself and participate on a journey to help customers reach their potential. This deep level of customer centricity feeds every aspect of our business from developing strategies, how we market our brand, development of products (such as savings, student loans, investments), to the advancement of our channel capabilities (Mobile, Online, ATM, Branch, and Contact Center). This is an exciting time to join the bank as we strive to provide the simplest and most personal banking experience, gain customers’ trust, and become their bank of choice for financial products, services, and advice.
Experience during the program
NOTE: THIS INTERNSHIP PROGRAM BEGINS IN EARLY JUNE 2021
In this 10-week program, you will have the opportunity to gain a strong understanding of the Consumer Banking and Enterprise Experience divisions at Citizens. You’ll experience a variety of hands-on, impactful projects, gain exposure to senior leaders, and develop a transferable skill-set that will position you as a possible candidate for the Consumer Banking & Enterprise Experience Leadership Development Program (CBEX)
Designed for rising seniors, this program is a great way to gain exposure to a specific business line within one of our divisions. You may be placed in any of the following business lines: Business Banking, Citizens Access, Consumer Strategy, Customer Experience, Digital, Distribution, Lending, Marketing & Communications, Operations, Risk, Transformation, and Wealth. During the summer, you could be working on:
- Analyzing numbers to include in our next Board of Directors presentation
- Designing the look and feel of our new retail branch locations
- Examining competitor and industry trends for our credit card portfolio
- Partnering with our external FinTech partners for our robo-advisor update
- Improving go-to-market strategies for our small business banking direct sales channels
- Creating and implementing a micro-learning training program
- Conducting user experience research and informing UX measurement strategies
- Optimizing digital and online forms to increase sales of our products
- Synthesizing quantitative data to provide insights on key capabilities for target segments
- Filming colleagues for internal campaign videos
Note: this program is based in Westwood, MA with some activities occurring in Johnston, RI or other potential locations.
As an intern in this program, we will match you with a CBEX alumni Mentor who will help guide you through the duration of the program. You’ll also have the opportunity to participate in a variety of activities to further develop you as a professional. Throughout the summer, you’ll experience:
- 1-day Orientation with all Consumer Banking & Enterprise Experience interns
- Professional development workshops (such as Personal Branding and Receiving Feedback)
- Weekly Sr. Speaker Series with executive leadership
- Social activities (such as sporting events or a bank-wide intern BBQ)
- Dedicated community service activities
- Intern Innovation Challenge where you’ll work in small teams to solve for an organizational problem and present your recommendations to a panel of executives
Life after the program
Near the end of the program, you’ll be givenearly consideration for the Consumer Banking & Enterprise Experience Leadership Development Program (CBEX). High performing interns interested in pursuing a career in Consumer Banking or Enterprise Experience will have an opportunity to interview for the CBEX program before the summer ends.
The CBEX program is a one-year full-time program, which consists of 4-weeks of onboarding and training, a structured mentorship program, and an opportunity to continue to gain relevant experience by completing 3-month rotations in four of the Consumer Banking and Enterprise Experience divisions at Citizens.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for self-starters, team players, and strategic thinkers.
To be successful in this program, you’ll need to display strong skills and characteristics including: analytical and critical thinking, communication, data analysis, detail-oriented, initiative, interpersonal, leadership, learning agility, project management, relationship building, strategic mindset, and time management.
What you’ll need to apply
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree
- All majors will be considered; coursework in Business, Finance, Economics, Management, and Marketing are beneficial
- Expected graduation date of May 2022
- Minimum GPA of 3.00 required (3.50+ preferred)
- Internship or other relevant corporate exposure is strongly preferred