Definition: Responsible for performing a wide range of administrative and manual tasks supporting warehouse operations, including but not limited to picking/staging, delivering/shipping, forecasting/ordering, and receiving/stocking raw materials and/or finished goods. Responsible for providing the materials and support required for new utility construction, emergency utility repairs, and maintenance of the City’s infrastructure in a timely and customer-friendly manner.
· Processes remote and walk-in requests, manages inventory, orders materials, and tracks projects utilizing the Automated Warehouse Management System (WMS)
· Utilizes Automated Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems to order, track, ship, and receive materials; creates and files system-generated documentation (e.g., pick tickets, receivers, etc.) to record all system transactions.
· Operates sections of the ERP autonomously to monitor inventory levels, identify obsolescence, and maintain safety stock, minimum, and maximum levels ensuring material availability; forecasts material demand based on consumption and historical sales data.
· Delivers interoffice mail and remote orders daily. Prioritizes orders before picking and staging materials for customers; prepares materials for delivery and performs Pick-up and Delivery (P&D) functions for numerous departments across the organization; quickly responds to customer needs and modifies P&D schedule/route as necessary.
· Assists with the performance of physical inventory cycle counts and performs cycle counts routinely; creates physical inventory documents and updates ERP as required.
· Operates Material Handling Equipment (MHE) such as forklifts and pickers to assemble and stage orders, load and unload vendor receipts/returns, and transfer stock; stocks material by hand as needed.
· Ensures materials and supplies are properly received, inspected, stored, issued, and delivered in compliance with SOP’s.
· Manages and tracks deliveries for other departments; ensures deliveries are logged in, tracked, and picked up.
· Safely performs duties in fast-paced warehouse environment; follows safety policies and procedures and wears personal protective equipment as required.
· Performs preventative maintenance on general purpose vehicles and MHE, which includes before, during, and after operation inspections.
· Helps maintain physical condition and cleanliness of warehouse, offices, and common areas; performs other duties as assigned.
· Embraces organizational goals and City’s long-term vision and understands how the Warehouse Operations Specialist role supports the growth and success of warehouse operations; adheres to policies and SOP’s with minimal supervision.
· Builds customer confidence by focusing on customer satisfaction, exceeding achievable customer expectations, helping solve customer problems, meeting customer commitments, and responding quickly to customer requests.
· Seeks internal and external opportunities for career development via formal training (i.e., college courses), professional development seminars, and on-the-job training.
· Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications / Acceptable Equivalency:
· High school diploma or GED with at least one year of work experience performing functions of shipping, receiving, and distribution operations and inventory management practices or similar duties
· Any combination of related education, experience, certifications and licenses that will result in a candidate successfully performing the essential functions of the job
· Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
· Ability to form and maintain effective relationships with coworkers and customers
· Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance
· Ability to apply work experiences with the overall functions of shipping, receiving, and distribution operations and inventory management practices
Conditions of Employment:
· Must have a valid Class “C” Driver’s License and valid state required minimum automobile liability insurance prior to employment (must obtain Texas Class “C” driver’s license and state required minimum automobile liability insurance within 30 days of hire per state law)
· Must pass a drug test, driver’s license check, criminal history background check, and social security number verification check
· Must pass a physical examination
· Must be able to work overtime when requested
· Must be able to respond after hours if needed
· Bilingual in Spanish and English
· Experience utilizing JD Edwards software system
· Working knowledge of shipping, receiving, and distribution of materials
· Forklift certification
· Electric utility warehouse operations experience
· Beginner skill with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
Overall Strength Demands: The italicized word describes the overall strength demand of the functions performed by the incumbent during a typical workday.
· Sedentary – lifting no more than 10 pounds
· Light – lifting no more than 20 pounds; carry up to 10 pounds
· Medium – lifting no more than 50 pounds, carry up to 25 pounds
· Heavy – lifting no more than 100 pounds, carry up to 50 pounds
· Very Heavy – lifting more than 100 pounds, carry more than 50 pounds
Physical Demand Codes: The following describes if the incumbent is expected to exert the following physical demands during a typical workday and the overall frequency.
Codes for “how often”:
Y = Yes
N = No
E = extensive (100-70%)
M = moderate (60-30%)
I = infrequent (20-10%)
A = almost never (<10%)
1. Standing: I
2. Sitting: E
3. Walking: M
4. Lifting: M
5. Carrying: M
6. Pushing/Pulling: M
7. Overhead Work: I
8. Fine Dexterity: M
9. Kneeling: I
10. Crouching: I
11. Crawling: A
12. Bending: M
13. Twisting: I
14. Climbing: I
15. Balancing: Y
16. Vision: Y
17. Hearing: Y
18. Talking: Y
19. Video Display: Y
20. Differentiate Colors: Y
Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids:
The essential functions of this position require the use of computer, telephone, cable puller, pallet truck, forklift and/or picker
The essential functions of this position are performed in a warehouse environment with occasional outside work
This job description is not an employment agreement, contract agreement, or contract. Management has exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.