Under general supervision of the Assistant Camp Director, the Coordinator is responsible for planning, organizing, and supervising daily activities of their assigned location. He/she will maintain clear and timely communication with parents/guardians, camp counselors, and with the Assistant Camp Director. Along with supervising daily activities, the Coordinator will monitor and enforce all safety protocols and in the event of any incident will follow our Emergency Action Plan.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attends Camp Orientation and training prior to the start of the summer camp program.
- Assists with supervision and implementation of daily operations of summer day camp to ensure objectives are met.
- Supervises Camp Counselors.
- Give clear and concise direction to staff to accomplish daily camp activities.
- Plans, coordinates, and leads daily activities for youth.
- Memorizes all emergency procedures and ensures the safety of all campers and counselors.
- Provides supervision of campers during activities at or away from the main camp, at lunchtime, at parks or playgrounds, aquatic center, and to and from and during fieldtrips.
- Lead staff position on all field trips as assigned and ensures all safety protocols are met including but not limited to all necessary paper work, head count checks, incident/accident reports, etc. as well as being confident in handling any logistical issues.
- Develop positive, professional relationships with campers and parents.
- Ability to observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate behavior-management techniques.
- Ability to observe staff behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate behavior-management techniques.
- Prepares all accident, injury, and incident reports and immediately reports any incidents and/or accidents, or disciplinary action to supervisor.
- Interacts professionally and respectfully with the public, coworkers and others in the course of daily work.
- Handle questions, problems and concerns of parents/guardians before, during and after camp.
- Maintain clear communication with parents through telephone, email and in person.
- Communicate and work with the Assistant Camp Director as an effective strong leadership team.
- Must maintain regular and timely attendance as well as neat personal appearance.
- Drives city vehicle including van and trucks.
- Operates computer, printer, copy machine, telephones, recreational equipment, etc.
- 2 years of college; preferably in the field of education, parks and recreation, or a related field
- Minimum age of 18.
- Skill in dealing effectively and efficiently with youth.
- Understands and follows oral and written instructions.
- Knowledge of planning and coordinating daily activities.
- Works alone or with minimal supervision.
- Experience working with children is a plus.
- Must have a great attitude.
- First Aid and CPR Certifications required
- Must have, a valid Texas Driver’s License.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test and physical exam.
- Must pass a background check.
- Must be able to work various shifts, including some evenings
- Ability to work outside, in inclement weather, including heat and humidity, for multiple hours with few breaks.
- Frequently required to stand, bend, walk, run, stretch, twist, kneel, crouch, push and pull while working with youth.
FUNCTIONAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
Sitting; standing; walking; running; stretching; twisting; kneeling; crouching; pushing/pulling loads up to 70 lbs.; verbal communication, lifting/carrying loads up to 55 lbs.; stair/ladder climbing; overhead reaching; near/distant vision; able to set up and take down athletic equipment; moving large and awkward objects alone; work is indoors and outdoors.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran