CitySquare AmeriCorps places members in 3 food pantries in Dallas and Mesquite. Members assist with the loading and unloading of food deliveries, direct dissemination of food to community members, and assisting volunteer groups assigned to work in the warehouse area. Members provide direct assistance to community members while they are shopping in the food pantry and may provide intake support as well, depending on the program.
AmeriCorps is a national community service program that allows thousands of Americans to give back to their community and get paid to do it! Do you want to gain valuable professional experience, make connections, and earn money for college or student loans? Apply for CitySquare AmeriCorps- transform your life, and your community.
Benefits of becoming a CitySquare AmeriCorps Member:
- Members receive a $3,000 living allowance (broken down and paid in biweekly installments during the term)
- Members receive a $1,638.89 education award at the end of their term (can be used for tuition or student loans)
- Professional development training and networking opportunities
- Some service positions may fulfill college and university internship requirements
- Available from January 11 – April 30, 2021
- Available 35 hours per week during business hours, M-F 8 am-5 pm
- High School Graduate (17 or older)
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Deferred action and temporary permanent resident do not qualify)
- Able to access reliable transportation
- Able to pass a criminal background check
- Preferred one-year experience in a non-profit setting as a paid employee or volunteer, and/or experience in social work, human service or a related field
To apply for Spring 2020 positions, fill out an application online: