AmeriCorps is a national community service program that allows thousands of Americans to give back to their community and get paid to do it! CitySquare AmeriCorps Spring 2021 members serve vulnerable populations in Dallas, Fort Worth, Farmer’s Branch and Mesquite. Members serve to fulfill neighbors’ needs regarding food, housing, case management, workforce skill development, social determinants of health and/or life skills training. CitySquare AmeriCorps members are placed in programs at CitySquare and at partnering nonprofits in North Texas.
Members may have the opportunity to serve with housing programs for senior adults, homeless outreach teams, employment support for youth aging out of foster care, food pantry intake, holiday assistance program coordination, or adult ESL support and volunteer coordination. These duties may be executed either in a single meeting or through ongoing support, depending on the program. This service opportunity is highly interpersonal and requires that members serve well with others. Members must be able to accommodate changing service conditions and diverse points of view.
Benefits of becoming a CitySquare AmeriCorps Member:
- Members receive a $3,000 living allowance (broken down and paid in biweekly installments during the term)
- Members receive a $1,61.42 education award at the end of their term (can be used for tuition or student loans)
- Professional development trainings and networking opportunities
- Some service positions may fulfill college and university internship requirements
- Available from January 11- April 30, 2021, 16-week term of service
- Available 32 hours per week during business hours, M-F 8am-5pm
- High School Graduate (17 or older)
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Deferred action and temporary permanent resident do not qualify)
- Able to access reliable transportation
- Able to pass a criminal background check