This internship is a summer program based out of multiple office locations within Comcast’s West Division. The program is designed to identify high-caliber talent to build our organization with the best and the brightest students who come from a variety of sourcing channels, including on-campus engagement, partner organizations, and direct applications. As an intern in the program, you would expect to work a 40 hour/week schedule over the course of 10 weeks throughout the summer.
Additionally, your experience will include:
Engagement: Working on creative, innovative, and thought-provoking projects within various business units at Comcast during your internship experience.
Exposure: An inside look into the day-to-day operations of an organization at the cutting edge of media and technology.
Professional development: You will be exposed to a variety of professional development topics including speaker series, skill-building workshops, and networking opportunities.
Fun: Continuously develop relationships with fellow interns through social activities, community building, and networking.
As a Comcast intern, you can expect to go from class to real-life business situations within your discipline as you assist with the day-to-day operations of a Fortune 500 media and technology company. You will gain exposure to business leaders and functions while you develop your business acumen. These internship opportunities will be focused on helping to execute on significant projects within the business and will require exceptional organizational skills. This role is an exciting opportunity in a fast-paced environment that requires a ‘customer-first’ orientation to succeed.
At the conclusion of your internship, you may be considered for full-time employment to commence upon successful completion of your degree program.
Department and Position Overview:
- Reporting into the Director of Enterprise Data & Platforms within Comcast’s West Division IT organization. This role will be responsible assisting with the continual build-out and evolution of the national data foundry – inclusive of data quality and delivery, modeling and designing of the KPI data mart for the West Division to support various functional reporting teams.
Intern Primary Responsibilities:
- Partners with various functional teams
- Identifies business needs and facilitates data accordingly
- Helps identify tech debt and works with the data community to consolidate
- Identifies service impacting issues and communicates to team members
- Works with functional reporting leaders to understand what data needs exist and how they are being met
- Partners with Data Delivery team
- Work with Data Delivery team to ensure developed data solutions are in production and running as designed
- Communicates architecture needs to Data Delivery team for implementation
- Works through maintenance and issues as a partner
- Partners with the Data Community
- Helps promote the data vision to the broader community
- Communicates relevant information as part of the communication strategy
- Provide readouts to peers on platform health and performance
- Help drive data profiling, lineage definitions, and in support of data design delivery, allowing for enhanced semantic layer to be built for enterprise scale
- Graduation date between December 2021 and August 2022
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree from a United States-based college or university
- Authorized to work in the United States of America
- Strong interest in the technology, telecommunications, cable, and media industries
- Ability to work independently and in group settings
- Ability to relocate post-graduation if offered and accepted a fulltime position
- Must have internet access to perform work virtually
- Prior business exposure through internships, work experiences or campus organizations is preferred
- Academic experience in Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science, Information Sciences, Data Analytics, or equivalent fields/majors are preferred
- Academic experience with data architecture/data modeling concepts (i.e. like dimensional modeling) academically or through experience is preferred
- Knowledge of SQL is preferred
- Academic experience in enterprise ETL tool, either hands on or supporting of developers
- Advanced technical design and problem-solving skills with the demonstrated ability to effectively learn new business tools and processes
- Self-motived and works at a high-level independently, even with limited or ambiguous requirements/direction
- Project Management/knowledge of software development lifecycle (SDLC)