Communities In Schools of North Texas (CISNT) Afterschool Centers on Education (ACE) programs provide academic enrichment opportunities during non-school hours for students.
The ACE Site Coordinator is responsible for the day to day operation of all aspects of the ACE center that they are assigned to lead. Reporting to the ACE Program Director, they will participate in staff recruitment, training and will directly supervise center staff required for successful delivery of the CISNT ACE program. They will be responsible for student enrollment, attendance, and behavior issues, volunteer management, and all center activities required for daily successful and safe operation of the CISNT ACE program at their campus.
· Bachelors Degree required and a minimum of one year of relevant experience in a governmental, non-profit or private sector delivery organization.
· The individual must have direct service delivery experience, personnel supervision experience of paid or volunteer staff, as well as experience planning and directing programs.
· Proven experience with decision making in a highly collaborative environment and ability to build effective partnerships across teams.
· Strong program, administrative and computer skills required
· Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills required as well as team building skills across cross functional teams
· Ability to work in a fast paced, fast changing environment and be multi-tasked oriented
· Exhibit a commitment towards the Communities In Schools of North Texas and ACE mission
· Ability to understand and train ACE center staff on the school day Student Disciplinary Plan for all center activities
· Creativity and originality to identify and develop needed activities to assist students in developing higher level reasoning, decision making and problem-solving skills
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
The individual is responsible for overall direction of a CISNT ACE campus program. They are responsible for planning center activities, supervising staff and volunteers, completing ACE center reporting requirements, conducting student needs assessments and when appropriate conducting home visits to ensuring the successful day to day operation of the program and the needed student progress anticipated. The individual will form relationships with school faculty, existing after school programs and resources to secure and leverage partnerships required for overall center success. They will be responsible for collecting all required data for submission to the ACE Program Director and for adding, gathering and inputting all necessary data into the TX21st tracking system. They will read, understand and implement the strategies and activities in the ACE grant and ensure that all center staff read and understand the strategies and activities to be implemented. Under the direction of the ACE Program Director, and with support from the TEA Technical Assistance Coordinator, they will ensure continuous improvement to the center’s programs. The individual will also be responsible for establishing a Community Work Group consisting of school administration, teachers, parents, students, and community stakeholders that will address sustainability needs.
The individual is responsible for the recruitment, interviewing, and selection of all part-time program employees assigning staff duties, managing and coaching all program employees and volunteers assigned to his/her campus.
· Assume responsibility for personal growth to improve job performance.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the ACE Program Director and/or Chief Strategy Officer