This is an unpaid but wonderful opportunity to learn about clinical psychology and the behind the scenes business operations of a private practice! You’ll have the opportunity to sit in on our consultation meetings as well as learn the ropes of marketing, operations, PR, management, leadership, and running a successful practice.
1. What are the skills gained and/or learning objectives of the internship? Students will be provided the opportunity to apply classroom skills in a real-world setting. They will learn to assess a company’s strengths and weaknesses related to their growth, to utilize various digital resources, organizations and individuals to identify new leads and potential new markets and to develop a measurable social media marketing plan.
2. What is the duration of the internship (how long will it last)? The internship is typically 6 months but can be extended for another 6 months. Students work 20 hours weekly. Office hours are M-F 8-5.
3. Who will supervise the intern? Does that individual(s) have expertise in the area of the internship? The Clinical Director and the COO. Yes they do. The COO has an MBA and the clinical director regularly develops businesses.
4. How will the student receive feedback on their performance? Weekly supervision and written feedback based on agreed upon performance expectations. Students receive school credit
- Developing and nurturing relationships with psychiatrists, doctors, schools, and other professionals, to generate client referrals to the practice.
- Expanding the social media platforms and strategy
- Generating a media list
- Monitoring interview sites and sending in pitch letters for opportunities
- Reading books as necessary to help with strategy including link building and PR and reporting back
- Helping to find and furnish new office spaces
- Errands and administrative tasks as needed
- Develop copy for the website, research topics as necessary
- Create promotions and maintain scheduled promotion campaigns
- Create, maintain, and update yelp, bing, google business listings etc
- Strategies and campaigns for getting more reviews on yahoo, yelp, bing, google biz, angie’s list, thumbtack, research others and update pics on all
- Write blogs on topics related to psychology
- Follow through/responsibility
- Enthusiasm for learning
- Good organizational skills
- Detail Oriented
- Experience with video editing
- Strong writing skills
- Social media/content marketing knowledge
Interested candidates please email info@CPASCounseling.com with a resume AND cover letter. I look forward to hearing from you!