Deep in the North Woods of Minnesota, Concordia Language Villages creates a place that is both culturally authentic and uniquely our own. In the Language Villages, everything from the music played to the dishes used in the dining hall reflect the culture each was designed to represent. We are a community of educators from all corners of the globe, passionate about learning every minute of the day. Everyone—from Ph.D-level instructors with years of language-teaching experience, to former villagers returning as counselors for the first time—brings a unique expertise in language and culture.
LIFEGUARD (“WATERFRONT MANAGER”):
- Maintain an inventory of equipment and supplies, consulting with the dean for necessary repairs or purchases and maintain the beach area
- Manage set-up of waterfront at the beginning of summer and/or closing and storage at the end of the summer
- Orient staff and villagers to water safety rules
- Administer a swim test to staff and villagers
- Supervise all water activities and enforce the safety rules
- Complete records in the Village’s waterfront manual, commenting on waterfront program effectiveness and including suggestions.
- Assume counseling duties as designated by the dean
- Perform additional duties as designated by the dean, such as giving swimming and boating lessons, serving as a counselor, teaching crafts or language
- Supervise credit villagers at the waterfront during the interim weekend as designated by the dean
Positions available in 14 languages (Arabic, Chinese, Danish, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Swedish) for Summer 2021 in counseling, teaching, culinary arts and health care.
For more information, visit http://www.concordialanguagevillages.org/work-at-the-villages. To apply, visit HR.cord.edu and search the language you wish to teach; all related openings will appear in the search results. If you have any questions, please contact VilStaff@cord.edu.