Making Dallas a No-Kill city is a big job and as a volunteer-based organization, we need a lot of great volunteers to do it. As an Accounting Manager you provide the organization with a dedicated representative to work hand in hand with the administration side of a continued positive partnership of Dallas Pets Alive! and our shelter partners.
To be considered, please be sure to also complete our volunteer application at https://dallaspetsalive.org/volunteer/volunteer-application/
Department and/or Team: Administration
Reports to: Executive Director
Compensation: This is a volunteer position.
Works with: Leadership team including VP of Animal Operations and VP of Administration
Description of Role: The Accounting Manager has primary responsibility for accurate recording of financial transactions in the Dallas Pets Alive books and records, as well as providing financial reports to executive leadership on a monthly basis and as needed.
- Review monthly bank statements for each cash account and record transactions in the accounting software.
- Consult with leadership team members as needed to ensure accurate categorization of income and expenses.
- Reconcile bank statements for each account monthly.
- Record noncash transactions such as in-kind donations in the accounting software on an as-needed basis.
- Provide monthly summary income statements, balance sheets, and budget to actual reports to the Executive Director.
- Oversee the annual budget process.
- Monthly entries into Quickbooks from bank statements and paypal statements.
- Provide monthly P&L and budgeting template to leadership prior to monthly board meetings.
- Provide other ad hoc requests as received within 24 hours of request.
- Provide details or explanation of transactions upon request from board of directors.
- Provide summaries of income and/or expenses for purposes of grants, taxes and other external needs upon request of the Executive Director.
- Degree in accounting and/or 2+ years of experience in an accounting or bookkeeping role.
- Knowledge of Quickbooks is preferred.
- Experience with non-profit accounting preferred.
- Access to computer, internet access, familiar with Excel, quickbooks and sales tax filings.
Time Commitment: 15-20 hours per month, mainly in the first two weeks of month.