- Provides expert advice and technical guidance to direct the design, development, execution, and dissemination of concepts of operation and logistical supportability analyses for operational and contingency plans.
- Identifies and resolves operational shortfalls, limitations and other conditions impacting the agency’s capability to perform assigned wartime and contingency logistics support missions.
- Advises senior officials of support issues that impact Agency support to the Warfighter.
- Interprets DOD, DLA and supported Combatant Commander Policy and guidance as they affect operational, contingency, exercise, and support planning.
- Represents DLA Land and Maritime in planning and executing MSC participation in worldwide and regional exercises related to warfighting, contingencies, mobilization, and emergency operations.
- Collects, evaluates, and assesses Major Subordinate Command (MSC) performance during exercises and/or contingency operations to use as a basis for improving and revising Agency doctrine, directives, instructions, or support plans.