1. Be an Nurse Practitioner licensed in the state of Texas. A mid level practitioner in an advanced degree program is desirable but not required.
2. An average of 10-20 hours per week will be required for the provider to dedicate to the execution of the program.
3. Provider will need to have a firm understanding of the rationale behind and intended purpose of the CMS’s Chronic Care Management program.
4. Providers with an interest in the development of Telehealth and Remote Patient Monitoring programs are preferred.
5. Providers with rapid data entry skills and those with particular interest in health technology are preferred,
6. Providers must be comfortable readily engaging and quickly establishing rapport with seniors from varied cultural, ethnic, religious, psycho-social and socioeconomic backgrounds.
7. Providers with an interest in academic research and publishing are preferred but not required.
8. At the core of the CCM initiative is health maintenance, through optimization of behavior modification, compliance with peer reviewed recommendations on diet, exercise, weight management, smoking cessation, medication adherence etc. This in conjunction with frequent, regular non face to face follow up to optimize patient outcomes while reducing cost via a reduction in routine office visits, unnecessary emergency department evaluations, hospitalizations and a reduction in unnecessary routine outpatient testing is fundamental. We therefore believe the optimal nurse provider should be similarly committed to the same tenets in their own life that we are espousing to patients that they adopt and commit to in theirs.
9. It should be clearly understood that the position requires a mid level practitioner to meet CMS guidelines, although the skill set required for the position is that typically required for an exceptionally trained R.N. performing an extensive new patient assessment at the time of admission to the hospital. Specifically, the applicant will not be required to prescribe any medications (controlled or otherwise), nor will there likely be extensive clinical decision making required for the role, such that an applicant with the appropriately suited personality, energy and interest in the program should not be dissuaded nor discouraged from applying due to lack of extensive practice experience. The superior value of this position is to provide the applicant with a “hands on” opportunity to work with the on-boarding of patients to an innovative, patient-centric, comprehensively designed and engineered IT platform specializing in and dedicated to Tele-health and Remote Patient Monitoring. The experience should come with ample opportunity for the highly motivated to gain additional insight as to the execution of a functioning Tele-health Remote Patient Monitoring program with abundant channels for intellectual growth and research.