Job Title: Extended School Day Instructor
Dept./School: Extended School Day Program (various campuses)
Reports to: Denton ISD Extended School Day Coordinators
Wage/Hour Status: Non-Exempt
Pay Grade: 1
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Instructs an assigned group of children, grades Pre K-5th, in an academic based after school program.
High School Diploma/GED equivalent or
Enrolled with at least 1 year of college (education majors or related field preferred) or
Enrolled in Teach Denton Internship Program
Ability to successfully work with children grades Pre K-5th
Ability to communicate with children, parents, center staff, and the general public
Ability to learn to recognize sign and symptoms of child abuse
Ability to follow written and oral instructions
Availability to work Monday-Friday, 2:30 pm – 6:30 pm (Schedule Flexible)
Ability to be proactive and perform job duties with little supervision
Experience working with children and/or adults in a structured environment
- JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Instructs an assigned group of children, grades Pre K-5th, in social, recreational, enrichment, and academic based activities
- Responsible for completing occasional in-person and/or online professional development assignments in a timely manner
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Instructs an assigned group of children, grades Pre K-5th, in social, recreational, enrichment and academic based activities
- Assists students, individually or in small groups, with lesson assignments (reading stories, listening to students reading, language, spelling, facilitating activities, motor perception programs, colors, number charts, homework, etc.) to reinforce learning concepts
- Implements activities to improve students’ collaborative, physical and social/emotional skills
- Monitors individual and/or groups of students in a variety of settings (classroom, playground, library, etc.) to reinforce school expectations and procedures regarding student behavior and participation
- Monitors individual and/or groups of students to provide a safe, respectful and positive multicultural learning environment
- Proactively refers any issues and concerns to the Lead Instructor
- Communicates with parents through daily pick-up procedures
- Maintains professional attitude, rapport and appearance with all program stakeholders
- Follows all nutrition guidelines, distributes the daily snacks for the participants
- Completes required in-person and/or online professional development or meetings by deadlines
MINIMUM SALARY: $10.58/HOUR – $12.85/HOUR (Based on Experience)
DUTY DAYS: 180 days
Mental Demands: Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written); interprets policy, procedures and data; coordinates district functions; maintains emotional control under stress.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors: Frequent district-wide and occasional statewide travel. Frequent standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, pushing and pulling. Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds. Prolonged use of computer and repetitive hand motions.
Interested candidates must complete and submit the Denton ISD on-line Internal Application at www.dentonisd.org. Upload employment credentials and a current résumé detailing experience, qualifications and professional accomplishments.
Out of District Applicants
Interested applicants must complete and submit the Denton ISD on-line External Application at www.dentonisd.org.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Position will remain vacant until qualified applicant is employed.
THE DENTON INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER