Occupational Therapist (OT)
Dependable Home Health of Nevada is seeking a Occupational Therapist to JOIN our Home Health Division. The Occupational Therapist reports to the Clinical Manager and is responsible for the implementation of standards of care of occupational therapy services services and for adherence to all conditions outlined in the Service Agreement.
Job Responsibilities :
1. Evaluates the patient’s functional status (muscle function, endurance, visual coordination, environment for hazards or barriers to more independent living. Identifies equipment needs. Participated in the total plan of care.
2. For patients who plan to return to work, the Occupational Therapist may perform work capacity evaluation and may refer to a specialized vocational training in accordance with Organization policy.
3. Develops treatment program and establishes goals for improved function. Communicates plan of care to referring physician and other organization professionals.
4. May teach new skills or retrain patient in once familiar daily activities that have been lost due to illness or injury in accordance with Organization policy.
5. May fabricate splints and instruct patient in the use of various typed of adaptive equipment to improve function.
6. May train patient in the use f prosthetic and/or orthotic device.
7. Maintains appropriate clinical records, clinical noted, and reports to the primary physician any changes in the patient’s condition. Submits these records in accordance with Organization policy.
8. Maintains contact/communication with other personnel involved in the patient’s care to promote coordinated, efficient care.
9. Attends and contributes to in services, case conferences, and other meetings as required by Organization policy to ensure coordinated and comprehensive plans of care for the patients.
10. Identifies patients and family/caregiver needs for other home health services and refers as appropriate.
11. Instructs patient’s and family/caregiver and other Organization health care personnel in the patient’s treatment regime when indicated and appropriate.
12. Supervises Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants according to Organization policy and State regulations.
13. When Occupational Therapy is the only skilled service provided, supervised and evaluates Home Health Aide every two (2) weeks.
14. Participates in discharge planning for the patient.
The above statements are intended to be representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by the incumbent of this position. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description.
- Graduate of an Occupational Therapy curriculum accredited jointly by the Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation of the American Medical Association and the American Occupational Therapy Association.
- Registered with the National Registration Examination of the American Occupational Therapy Association.
- Minimum of two (2) years clinical experience as an Occupational Therapist.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational Skills.
- Possess and maintains current CPR certification.
We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability and any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.