Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA)
Physical Therapy Assistant Job Description Summary
The physical therapy assistant provides physical therapy services under the direction of the physical therapist and according to the physician’s plan of care.
Physical Therapy Assistant Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Provides direct physical therapy according to directions of a qualified physical therapist and in accordance with the physician’s plan of care as defined in the state Physical Therapy Practice Act.
- Treats patient to relieve pain, develop or restore function, and maintain maximum performance.
- Directs and aids patients in active and passive therapeutic exercises, muscle reeducation, gait and functional training, transfer activities and prosthetic training.
- Utilizes physical agents, including, but not be limited to heat, cold, water, light, electricity, ultrasound and massage.
- Observes and reports to the physical therapist and the Organization personnel the patient’s reaction to treatment and any changes in patient’s condition.
- Instructs patients in care and use of wheelchairs, braces, crutches, canes, and prosthetic or orthotic devices.
- Maintains necessary records; clinical notes and conference notes, which will be incorporated into the patient’s clinical record in prescribed time frames.
- Participates in Organization Home Care Team Members meetings and Organization In-service Education Program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
Physical Therapy Assistant Position Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited physical therapy assistant program with either an Associate’s degree in science or applied science that is approved by American Physical Therapy Association, Inc.
- Current certification or license as required by state law.
- Demonstrates Good verbal and written communication and organization skills.
- Possess and maintain current CPR certification.
- Licensed driver with automobile that is in good working order and insured in accordance with the organization requirements.
- Must be bilingual in Spanish.
We are an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability and any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.