Start date – December 2020 – this position is for our Spring 2021 term
Dexter is a Gr. 2-12 start-up school for aspiring artists, scientists, and engineers. Our students and educators are motivated learners who bring a multitude of diverse and unique backgrounds to our community.
Dexter Facilitators are based on-campus at our Speedway Ave school. Dexter Facilitators provide detailed feedback on student assignments, tasks, and assessments. The nature of the student work is highly technical and requires a baseline understanding of mathematics, science, history, and English language arts. Candidates with a background in STEM are highly encouraged to apply!
The position requires excellent written communication skills and the ability to explain concepts clearly to students, and interact with and oversee them on a daily basis.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide age appropriate feedback to students regarding assignments and tasks
- Evaluate student performance to gauge progress and academic development
- Grade assignments accurately and in accordance with Dexter rubrics, if time permits
- Maintain Dexter standards of excellence in educator conduct
Qualifications – The ideal candidate will:
- Be able to work on-campus at Dexter’s Wichita Falls, TX location
- Be able to provide detailed feedback on student assignments, tasks, and assessments. When not coaching students, our Facilitators complete online grading and assessments when time permits.
- Have a baseline understanding of mathematics, science, history and English language arts.
- Demonstrate excellent spoken and written communication skills and the ability to explain concepts clearly to students
- Be able to juggle multiple tasks and be receptive to student needs on a daily basis.
- Part-time: shifts will take place between 7:50a – 4p, Monday – Friday. Part time employees are expected to commit anywhere between 15 – 30 hours/week.
- Full-time employees are eligible for benefits, including medical, vision, dental, disability and life insurance coverage options