DHL Supply Chain is the Americas leader in contract logistics, providing customer-focused solutions to a wide range of industries including automotive, consumer, retail, engineering and manufacturing, life sciences and healthcare, technology, energy and chemicals. DHL Supply Chain’s skilled people make its customers more competitive by creating innovative logistics and supply chain solutions –from initial situation analysis to the continuous improvement programs that help deliver better results every day. DHL Supply Chain has over 25,000 employees in over 400 locations spread throughout the USA and Canada with revenues just under $5 billion in North America. DHL Supply Chain is part of the $20 billion global Supply Chain Division of Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL).
We are currently recruiting for Transportation Interns at our sites in Carrollton, TX, and Charlotte, NC.
Transportation Interns act as project managers within our distribution centers, while also participating in a formalized Summer Internship Program. The goal of the program is to enhance student’s business acumen through continuous learning and networking opportunities. Throughout the summer, interns have the opportunity to:
• Participate in a series of webinars that focus on professional networking, communication and presentation skills
• Listen and ask questions to our executives through our Executive Speaker Series
• Collaborate with other interns across the U.S. and Canada on a Capstone Project that focuses on improving various aspects of our business for our customers
• Travel to Westerville, OH to present their Capstone Project to leadership teams at the Intern Capstone Event, which is hosted at the end of each summer at our headquarters
• Network with other interns and business leaders across all regions and business segments within the organization
• Be considered for full time roles
The primary purpose of a Transportation Intern is to assist in quality continuous improvement efforts at one of our facilities. DHL Supply Chain has a business casual environment and focuses on teamwork, associate development and training.
The scope of the project may include:
• Identify, analyze, and implement new processes for maintaining vehicle files, equipment, billing and driver reporting
• Review, write and implement performance management standards for drivers
• Enhance and implement new training procedures
• Troubleshoot and follow through issues impacting drivers and their deliveries
• Gain insight on our transportation management system
• Assist management with ongoing project work
• Participate in continuous improvement projects
Interns will work full time during the summer months (2021) at one of over 400 sites nationwide.