WHO WE ARE:
Doozy Entertainment focuses on venues, clubs and events nationwide with a priority focus in the Chicagoland market. Working with venues from 100 cap to 1300 cap and artists from original, cover and tribute, there is always an event going on that’s a doozy.
The primary venues that Doozy Entertainment works with provide several genres of live music, from Rock, Folk, Jam Band, Bluegrass, Latin Rock, Blues, Jazz, Reggae and Pop. Working with acts that are just getting started to national tours; we help build the relationship in market to help both parties win!
WHO ARE YOU:
Doozy is seeking passionate and motivated people to join our team. Driven with the spirit to be a true entrepreneur. Doozy seeks somebody who can be resourceful, innovative, committed and always thinking ahead. Our partners for success embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you, we would love to speak more about our opportunities!
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assisting in all facets of acquiring and supporting venue acts
• Book talent for local Chicagoland venues and assist with booking other Midwest venue spaces as needed
• Create and grow recurring local artist shows and club nights to achieve goals
• Maintain and grow current local nights and club nights to achieve budgeted profit
• Execute promoting deals with local third-party promoters
• Work with venue marketer on ticket give-away promotions, marketing materials and street team efforts
• Collect/review press kits received from local/national musicians
• Work with talent agencies and band representatives to advance shows
• Accumulate and distribute monthly musical calendar
• Communicate calendar updates/changes to staff
• Provide media and promotional material to promotional staff to help events
• Review band agreements and riders
• Field and make calls for Talent Buyer – Follow up calls and correspondence as needed
• Set up filing system – Create/update of all artist information.
• Manage and execute all Artist contract/rider processing, deposits, night of show payments, and other documents.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe and Email etiquette
• Experience in marketing/PR/promotions
• Ability to be creative and multi-task in a very dynamic, changing, fast-paced environment
• Strong attention to detail with the ability to meet goals and objectives
• Proactive team player with a positive attitude
• Strong verbal and written skills / phone etiquette and communication skills
• Knowledge/experience with Search Engine Marketing and Email/Social marketing
• Experience with Social Media Platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter
• Understanding of Soundcloud, Bandcamp, Spotify, YouTube metrics
• Have a passion for concerts and live performances
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply now to join the Doozy Entertainment team today!
*If you do not have this experience, Doozy Entertainment will be willing to bring you on for an internship to learn these best practices and obtain the experience needed to fulfill this and other roles under our umbrella. Simply state that you are interested in the DoozyInternship Programand we can schedule a meeting.
**Love music, but don’t want to be a talent buyer? Doozy has another branch called DOOZY MEDIA. Contact us to learn more about getting involved with the creative side of the music industry. Everything from Photography, Video Production, Graphic Design, Branding, Marketing and even Live Sound / Audio Engineering.
Applicants for Independent Contract work in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL INDEPENDENT CONTRACT WORK OPPORTUNITY:
Doozy Entertainment strongly supports equal independent contact work opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by independent contractors within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of contractors assigned to this gig.
Doozy Entertainment recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Doozy Entertainment may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.