- Makes eye contact, smiles, and promptly acknowledges and greets each guest entering the store, or guests within close proximity while moving throughout the store.
- Offers friendly, knowledgeable and courteous service. Understands that guest service is the top priority and ceases performing tasks when guests are present and in need of assistance.
- Determines each guest’s needs and answers questions concerning products and services. If necessary, partners with management to ensure the guest’s needs are met.
- While serving guests, recommends additional and complementary products and/or services based on information provided by the guest or items already selected for purchase.
- Informs guests of current promotions, events and services within the store.
- Is able to serve multiple guests at one time while maintaining composure during busy or peak selling times.
- Contributes to the store’s overall sales, conversion goals, and meets or exceeds individual goals.
- Helps to eliminate and/or reduce potential theft of product by providing exceptional guest service and maintaining awareness while on the sales floor.
- Courteously handles sales. Ensures that the correct price, tax and/or discount are applied correctly to each sale.
- Ensures all resets and planograms are executed as directed.
- Sets up advertising displays or arranges merchandise to highlight sales and promotional events.
- In between serving guests, ensures the store is replenished throughout the day and merchandises all products to company standards on shelves and tables.
- Participates in physical inventory preparation, execution and follow-up.
- Executes receipt of shipment truck within company guidelines.
- Executes other operational tasks as directed by management.
- Responsible for overall store cleanliness including bullpen, counters, display walls, and sales floor.
- Takes the initiative to stay informed regarding new or existing products is knowledgeable about their ingredients and benefits to better serve guests.
- 1 year. retail experience preferred.
- Demonstrates a passion for guest service and a competency for selling.
- Ability to troubleshoot.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to build and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Possesses excellent communications skills.
- Possesses basic math skills and the ability to use a calculator.
- This position involves constant moving and standing
- Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours
- Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.
- May occasionally involve reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders
- May involve reaching above eye level. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment
DRUG EMPORIUM PHARMACY
Drug Emporium is a discount retailer that has been providing quality service at 10 stores located in Texas, Louisiana, and Arkansas since 1985. Our philosophy is to offer the highest quality brands, with a vast selection, all at everyday low prices. Drug Emporium strives to be the best neighborhood drug and health food store around. Whether you desire organic health foods, cosmetics or health and beauty aids, every Drug Emporium brings you an enormous variety at a great price.