Title: Part-Time Sample Librarian
Job Location: Dallas Design Center – Dallas, TX
Job Type: Part-Time and In-Person
Days/Hours: Tuesday-Thursday from 9:30 AM to 5 PM
The E.C. Dicken team is growing! We are looking for a Showroom Sample Librarian to join our dynamic team. The Sample Librarian will be responsible for assisting the showroom in regards to client and vendor interactions, inventory logistics, merchandising fabric, sample requests, and administrative or other showroom support tasks as needed. The candidate that fills this position will have a potential opportunity to become a full-time employee with benefits.
The position consists of:
- Assisting clients and pulling samples while maintaining a friendly and helpful exchange.
- Keeping track of our sample library, making lists of what needs to be restocked, and keeping it organized.
- Labeling new samples, mailing samples to target specific clients, and keeping track of sample logistics
- Merchandising and creating fabric/wallpaper displays schemes with any new product from vendors.
- Bringing fresh ideas and systems that help manage the sample library
- Routine correspondence with clients in a prompt professional manner for any sampling pulling, restocking, or merchandising needs.
- Help manage intern and assigning tasks to assist your role
- Unloading new product and preparing it to be merchandised or stowed
What we are looking for in a candidate for this position:
- An upbeat attitude with a positive and team player mentality
- Organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and prioritize a variety of tasks
- Sales experience in the interior or retail space is a bonus.
- Capable of lifting 10-15 lbs. boxes if necessary
- Capable of being on their feet and moving around frequently to assist clients
- Some knowledge for wallpaper and fabric appreciated
- Merchandising skills appreciated but not required
- Basic computer knowledge and familiarity with Outlook Email, Word, and Excel (VERY minimal Excel required)
- Ability to “go-with-the-flow”
Why you’ll love working with us:
- Opportunity to become Full-Time + Benefits
- Work in a beautiful showroom that functions as office space
- Full-service kitchen and coffee in showroom
- Gated and ample parking space in Dallas Design Center
- Be a part of a community of top interior designers and decorators across the country who share the same interests, passions, skills, and experiences.
- Showroom Discounts
About EC Dicken:
EC Dicken is a “to the trade” only showroom with a rich history of serving Dallas’ top Interior Designers for over 55 years. Having been owned and operated by 3 generations of Dicken’s, EC Dicken has a reputation for having a family atmosphere that accommodates its clientele of high-end designers with warmth and excellence. Representing renowned furniture and accessory lines like A. Rudin, Conrad Shades, Phoenix Day, ErinnV as well as fabric lines like Charlotte Gaisford, Casa By PC, The Design Connection, and Jacques Bouvet. EC Dicken prides itself on having a little bit of everything for any style of project!
Resumes and questions can be sent to Michelle@ecdicken.com