For the 2022-23 program year, the Public Allies Eagle Rock Fellowship will provide eight individuals with an advanced year-long service and leadership development experience at the nationally recognized Eagle Rock School and Professional Development Center, located in Estes Park, Colorado. Public Allies is a national movement committed to advancing social justice and equity by engaging and activating the leadership of young people. Eagle Rock is a full-scholarship residential high school, serving students between the age of 15 and 21, from diverse backgrounds and neighborhoods around the country, for whom having voice and agency in their education is the pathway to success. We also support schools nationally to implement effective and engaging practices to equitably serve all students. Eagle Rock is proud to be an antiracist, social justice organization.
The Public Allies Fellowship at Eagle Rock is a residential, community-based opportunity for aspiring educators & youth workers who are passionate about alternative learning strategies, social justice, youth development and empowerment, and re-engaging high-school students in their education. The fellowship allows eight individuals to work with high school students as either Health and Wellness Fellows, Instructional Fellows, Residential Life Fellows, Professional Development Fellows, or Outdoor Education Fellows. Fellows grow as leaders through training, mentorship, developing curriculum, creating student activities and events, and designing Team Service Projects.
Fellow responsibilities include residential life programming, classroom instruction, professional development, counseling, and additional supports for students and the organization as a whole. Fellows will learn how to become well-rounded educators working with diverse students, acknowledging that learning happens everywhere, both for students and for instructors.
Eagle Rock is a liberating force in education. We prepare the next generation of leaders to claim their power and find their voice. If you’re ready to transform yourself, our students, and your world, this is your invitation.
- Application opens November 2021
- Application deadlines: Priority deadline January 2022; if positions are not filled by applications received by this date, we will accept applications on a rolling basis
- Program Year: August 28, 2022-June 30, 2023
- $20,500 living stipend
- Private room in a communal house
- Meals while students are on campus
- AmeriCorps healthcare (fully covered)
- On-going professional development, coaching and mentorship
- Use of laptop for the year
- $500 professional development stipend
- $6,095 AmeriCorps education award once program is completed
- Student loan forbearance
- Teaching License: Opportunity to apply for and participate in a Colorado state alternative teacher licensure program, paid for by Eagle Rock (for Educator Fellows with a bachelor’s degree)
Additional Details, Qualifications, and Application Instructions:
Start your application today (ensure you select Eagle Rock when prompted)
Feel free to contact us with any questions or for more information:
Public Allies Eagle Rock; email@example.com