Epic Games is on the lookout for smart, dynamic interns to join our dev teams. When you join Epic you’ll join a team that’s pushing the limits of gaming and interactive. From Unreal Engine to Fortnite, to TwinMotion and the Epic Games Store, you’ll contribute to the unrelenting focus on innovation, quality and community that defines us.
Epic Games Fortnite Team is looking for a smart, creative Gameplay Programmer Intern to join them for summer 2021. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. This team is responsible for developing new gameplay to bring the world of Fortnite to life. The successful candidate will work with the Fortnite AI team to build and support AI related features. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
- Working with a team of highly skilled engineers
- Assigned feature development for Fortnite
- Working closely with the team on anything from investigating and fixing bugs to working with Game Designers on performance, AI features, and game systems
- Developing solutions to various technical challenges under deadlines
- Strong C++ knowledge
- Experience coding gameplay features from start to finish
- Experience with the problems involved in making a client/server-based game
- Work/code samples from at least one project (indie, academic, hobby project, etc.)
- Exceptional communication skills and experience working within a team
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4, bonus for understanding how gameplay blueprints work
- Well-versed in games with the ability to break down and articulate the design of gameplay mechanics
This is a paid, remote internship for 2021. All candidates must be eligible to work 40 hours per week remotely. Recruitment will run until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students
This is going to be Epic!