Earn extra cash while making a difference in the lives of students!
Paraprofessional educators work under the direction of the classroom teacher to provide extra support to students with special needs, promoting maximum academic and personal growth. They are also known as school aides, teacher assistants, instructional aides, one-to-one aides, and more.
A career with ESS means an opportunity to make a difference in your community by helping students succeed. We offer a variety of unique perks that keep our employees motivated, prepared, and engaged. From healthcare benefits and 401(k) plans to ongoing professional development and bonus opportunities, we believe in taking care of our people like they’re our own family.
Our Employees Enjoy:
- Flexible full or part-time schedule – pick when and where you work!
- Health benefits
- Ongoing training and support
- Weekly pay
- 401(k) retirement plans
- 24/7 access to job openings
- Monthly raffle prizes
- Referral program
- Bonus opportunities
- Discount shopping program
- Recognition programs
- The opportunity to make a difference
A substitute position with ESS may be the opportunity you’re looking for! ESS has dozens of daily and long-term substitute paraprofessional opportunities each day in our partnering school districts and we have been named one of America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes magazine for the last two years. Plus, our partner districts routinely hire our substitutes for full-time teaching positions.
We have hundreds of local daily substitute opportunities available when you’re not in a long-term role – you can use our system to accept the jobs you want 24/7 by phone, internet, or text message.
- Provide instructional reinforcement for individual students or small groups of students
- Assist teacher with classroom management and general supervision of the class
- Assist with administrative duties such as setting up equipment and preparing materials
- Supervise students in the cafeteria, schoolyard, specials, hallways, on field trips, and/or during before and after school programs
- Attend to students’ physical, personal, academic, and emotional needs
- Support students with special needs by following provisions specified in their IEPs/504 Plans
- Perform other duties as directed by the classroom teacher and school administration