As an Associate FCA Examiner, you will perform analytical assignments and receive on-the-job and extensive formal training designed to provide practical experience in evaluating an institution’s financial and lending operations, management, information technology, and compliance with federal regulations. You will:
- Work in a team environment to gather (research and investigate), organize, and analyze (draw conclusions and support the conclusions with facts) institution data (e.g., loan portfolio management, financial condition, policies and procedures).
- Determine institution compliance with laws and regulations as well as sound business practices, prepare written reports, and recommend corrective action.
- Conduct interviews with institution personnel to obtain relevant information.
- Monitor and analyze the financial condition and performance of assigned institutions for emerging risks and issues that could impact operations, condition, and performance.
- Use electronic and computer databases extensively.
- Participate in an intensive, four-year, on-the-job and formal class-room training to learn oversight and examination procedures and practices as well as knowledge of the Farm Credit System.
50% or less – You may be expected to travel for this position.