The St Louis Fed is one of 12 Reserve Banks serving all or parts of Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi and Arkansas. The St. Louis Fed’s most essential responsibilities include promoting stable prices and economic growth, promoting a sound financial system, providing payment services to financial institutions, supporting the U.S. Treasury’s financial operations, and advancing economic education, community development and fair access to credit.
We, the Economic Research Division of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, are looking for you, an excellent PHP Web Developer.
A little about us: The Economic Research Division of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis is known as one of the top economic research institutions in the world. Providing access to data, educating the public, and partnering with data providers is an essential part of the mission of the Economic Research Division and the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
A little about you: As a PHP Web Developer on our Integration agile team or on our FRED agile team, you will help to build and maintain our Research websites (e.g. Research homepage, FRASER, Federal Reserve History, Fed in Print) or our FRED and friends websites and applications (e.g. FRED, ALFRED, GeoFRED, etc.) and migrate them to a cloud native architecture in AWS.
- Containerize existing applications using Docker.
- Write automated tests such as unit, acceptance, and integration tests to ensure high quality code.
- Work with Architect to design and implement AWS cloud native solutions using technologies such as AWS S3, SNS, SES, SQS, and ElasticBeanstalk.
- Troubleshoot database and server issues when they arise in AWS cloud.
- Perform code review on peer’s code and deploy code to production servers using a CI/CD pipeline using Gitlab and AWS ECR.
- Work with the agile development framework as member of an agile team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field or commensurate experience
- 5 years’ experience with open source web application development with a combination of the following:
- Experience using Git or other source control for code management.
- Knowledge of OWASP and other web security best practices.
- Experience with modern web development technologies such as REACT, ES6, Responsive Design.
- Experience with Laravel a plus.
- Experience with Amazon AWS cloud solutions.
- Strong problem solving and object-oriented design skills
- In depth knowledge of CS data structures and algorithms
- Experience developing in an agile environment
- Candidates with less experience may be hired at a lower job grade or salary
- Travel (5%)
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Pension plan, 401K, Comprehensive Insurance Plans, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Onsite Wellness & Fitness Center, Backup Dependent Care (Child & Adult), and more
Ranked as a Top Workplace, the Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is committed to building an inclusive workplace, where employees’ diversity—in age, gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, and cultural traditions, religion, life experiences, education and socioeconomic backgrounds—are recognized as a strength. Embracing our diversity encourages employees to bring their valued perspectives to the table when generating ideas and solving problems, and promotes an environment where innovation and excellence grow. Learn more about the Bank and its culture; check out our Careers Site.
The Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.