FedEx Express invented express distribution and remains the industry’s global leader, providing rapid, reliable, time-definite delivery to more than 220 countries and territories, connecting markets that comprise more than 99 percent of the world’s gross domestic product. Unmatched air routes and transportation infrastructure, combined with leading-edge information technologies, make FedEx Express the world’s largest express transportation company, providing fast and reliable services for more than 5.9 million packages and over 28 million pounds of freight each business day. Recently, FedEx Express had revenue exceeding $35 billion, more than 245,000 employees worldwide, an air fleet of over 670 aircraft, and a vehicle fleet exceeding 79,000 motorized vehicles.
Financial Analyst / Senior Financial Analyst positions are available in our Financial Planning & Analysis area. These jobs are in the corporate headquarters city of Memphis, TN and generally support the financial performance of various operating divisions within the FedEx Express.
For Senior Financial Analyst candidates, a business-related master’s degree, such as the MA in Management, MS in Business Analytics, MS in Accountancy, or MBA and 3+ years relevant work experience is required.
Enrolled students pursuing Bachelor’s degrees are not eligible for these positions.
Additionally, permanent work authorization is required, as FedEx will not consider visa sponsorship nor STEM certifications, for international students.
These positions in the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) department require the ability to think strategically and collaborate cross-functionally as we frequently work with individuals and teams in other departments such as Engineering, Operations and Marketing. These roles provide expertise and recommendations to senior management via the analysis of operations, major corporate projects, and proposals. This includes the forecasting of revenues, operating expenses, and capital investments using financial models to assist in the management of both short-term and long-term profitability goals.
Candidates must possess either prior professional experience and/or demonstrated educational acumen in financial planning and analysis, business consulting, operational analysis, or project management. Knowledge of advanced personal computer applications, especially Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, is required. Additionally, communication, a team-oriented focus, and very strong analytical skills are needed.
- Develops reports, analyses, and presents recommendations to senior management regarding financial and/or operational performance on issues such as productivity, operational statistics, cost trends and revenue trends.
- Analyzes and evaluates data for corporate projects/initiatives utilizing statistical and computer modeling techniques with recommendations for improved performance.
- Develops and maintains decision and analysis models. Uses models to advise management on most prudent course of action.
- Collaborates with team members across various functions, such as Engineering, Operations, and Marketing, domestically and internationally, to calculate the comprehensive financial impact of various initiatives.
- Leads the development and analysis of the annual expense budget, capital budget and strategic financial plan. Performs variance analysis and periodic forecast updates to divisional business plans to reflect operating changes.
- Advises and assists senior management in determining and defining both operational and financial impacts to the corporation of proposed systems, capital investments, and/or product changes.
- Prepares feasibility/profitability studies related to proposed corporate programs and strategies while assuring a focus on the total corporate impact.