This is posted in anticipation of future openings
At Focal Point, we’re committed to ensuring the health and safety of our employees, clients, and communities. At the moment, our interview and employee onboarding processes are entirely virtual, as all of our offices are temporarily closed. As conditions change, we will update our process to ensure that our job candidates and employees can have a safe, productive, and mutually-beneficial interview experience. To learn more about Focal Point’s response to the current public health crisis, please visit: https://focal-point.com/covid-19-response/.
This is a remote position. No sponsorship currently available.
About this Role
Who We’re Searching For:
Focal Point is seeking for Full Time, highly motivated individuals with great analytical and problem-solving abilities to join our fast paced growing team. As a consultant, you will be responsible for working with a project team to deliver and deploy cutting edge identity and access management solutions for our customers.
What You’ll Get to Do:
One of the best parts about Focal Point is the ability to try new things, build new skills, and challenge yourself to grow. While you’ll have the ability to explore new projects as your career progresses, your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- As part of a team, assist in the development of IAM solution.
- Provide development support for the implementation of interfaces to applications.
- Quick Learner
- Strong communication & documentation skills. Ability to articulate a solution or a problem.
- Must be able to exhibit:
- Professional demeanor with a strong work ethic, excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent team attitude with strong interpersonal and group communication skills.
- Customer service/communication skills.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- POJO Coding Experience
- Have done at least one J2EE project as part of a curriculum or at a job site
- Strong Familiarity with interfacing REST based webservices
- Proficiency in any Java Script based framework i.e. Angular, jQuery, React etc.
- Very good understanding of SQL – Relational Databases
- Must be able to build SQL queries
- Familiarity with Microsoft Active Directory or any form of LDAP
- Good understanding of scripting languages such as Python/Perl/PowerShell/Bash
- Familiarity working with at least one J2EE application server such as JBOSS, Tomcat etc.
- Experience with Source control management tools like GIT, SVN etc.
- Familiarity with SDLC processes
- Bachelors degree in related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 0-2 Years of Experience
Company and Benefits
About Focal Point
Focal Point Data Risk is one of the fastest growing cybersecurity services providers in the market, helping business and technology leaders future-proof their companies against changing threats, regulations, and workforce challenges. At Focal Point, we think big picture, leveraging a full suite of cybersecurity, privacy, GRC, IAM, and cyber skills development services to build cutting-edge risk management programs for our clients. As a result, we’re a trusted partner to many of the largest and most innovative companies in the U.S., including more than half of the Fortune 50.
As part of the Focal Point team, you’ll play a critical role in our mission, helping our clients build smarter processes, technologies, and people. You will join a team that will push you and support you as you seek out creative solutions to our clients’ toughest challenges. Your work will give you opportunities to expand your skillset, pursue new interests, and grow a career on your own terms.
Focal Point offers a competitive benefits package that gives employees personal, professional, and financial freedom. Benefits include:
- Medical/Dental/Vision – Focal Point offers comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family.
- Work/Life Balance – Enjoy life outside of work with Focal Point’s unlimited PTO plan.
- Career Opportunities – Focal Point offers a range of career-building programs, from job rotation programs, to tuition and student loan reimbursement, to funding for your training and certifications.
- Financial Security – Focal Point’s 401(k) plan features a discretionary company match and no waiting period before enrolling.
- Health and Wellness – Get your workout in with Focal Point’s health club membership reimbursement program.
- Referral Bonuses – Refer a new hire or new business development opportunity and take home a little extra in your paycheck.
Focal Point is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Tracy MacMillan at 813-402-1208 or firstname.lastname@example.org. This telephone line and email address is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.