Are you looking for an internship that provides real world business experience? During GEICO’s 8-10 week paid summer internship program, you’ll gain first-hand knowledge of our dynamic industry, work on meaningful projects and have opportunities to network with leaders throughout our organization. This full-time program is designed to educate, stimulate and develop future business leaders. It is well-suited for finance, accounting, risk management, economics, marketing, management, mathematics and general business majors.
During the internship program, you will be assigned a management mentor and take part in several individual and group projects with your team of interns. These assignments will include researching insurance industry trends, analyzing current business procedures in multiple departments, developing marketing plans, delivering presentations to management and proposing new strategies for growing and retaining our business. Many of the project recommendations that GEICO interns make are seriously considered for implementation. At the end of the summer internship program you will understand what it takes to be successful in a multi-billion dollar corporation.
Successful interns may also be considered for future career opportunities with our company. In fact, more than half of our summer interns accept full-time positions following completion of the program!
Qualifications & Skills:
· Pursuing a bachelor’s degree at an accredited college or university with a rising senior status at time of the summer program
· 3.0+ cumulative GPA required
· Completion of multiple business courses
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Demonstrated leadership potential
· Solid understanding of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing