Are you looking for a Cybersecurity internship that will challenge you and provide real opportunities to apply the skills that you are learning in college? GEICO’s Cybersecurity Summer Internship in the Washington DC area will do all this and more! Reimagine insurance and learn more about our tech careers because we are Careers Unexpected.
During your paid 10-week internship, you will:
- Have the unique opportunity to utilize your skills through individual assignments and team projects
- Work on systems that defend GEICO, attend meetings, and give presentations to senior management
- Receive mentoring and coaching from members of Cybersecurity management
- Interact with associates at all levels of our cybersecurity organization-even our CISO!
- Develop your technical, project management, communication, and leadership skills
GEICO’s Cybersecurity teams have positioned our company as a leader amongst its peers in the Cybersecurity space. Being a summer intern at GEICO has the potential to lead to a full-time IT career upon graduation.
Required Candidate Qualifications
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Information Security, Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Business Information Technology, Information Systems, or a related major
- Current junior or senior status (i.e., class of December 2020 or May 2021)
- GPA of at least a 3.0 both overall and in major
- Coursework or related work/internship experience using various Cybersecurity technologies. Experience with programming and scripting languages like Python, Bash, Java, .NET, or C# technologies with well-rounded experiences outside of the classroom
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Preferred candidates will have demonstrated leadership potential
- Ability to live and work in the Washington DC area
Note: The safety of our associates, both current and future, is GEICO’s highest priority. At this time, most of our associates are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area. Once GEICO determines it is safe for associates to return to the office, candidates may be required to work in our Chevy Chase, MD office.