There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
Our plants are the groundwork for GM and a hotbed of innovation. We also have a culture of continuous improvement where we strive for operational excellence. This position perfectly blends the two. GM Rochester is looking for a Manufacturing Execution System (MES) Developer Co-Op to build and support our custom MES application. You will work alongside our Engineering, Manufacturing, and Quality teams to analyze requirements, and then design and develop solutions. Your responsibilities of preforming ground-up design and development of new features would have a direct effect on the plant. Which means you could leave a lasting impression at GM! The plant is a high volume, fast paced environment where teamwork is championed, and we all have the same goal.
- Structured Query Language (SQL) development and performance tuning of database schema, stored procedures, etc.
- Ad-hoc and planned data visualization and report development using Reporting Services (SSRS), Tableau, etc.
- Ensure optimal system performance and uptime
- Design and implement SQL queries and new reports to support business needs
- Work with users on a day-to-day basis to be continuously aware of their specific requirements and issues
- Monitor and troubleshoot performance of system on in the manufacturing environment
Additional Job Description
- Pursuing Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or similar
- Must have a minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Work fulltime, 40 hours per week
- Emerging partnership and teamwork skills and ability to learn from and share knowledge with co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity, takes initiative/self-directed
- Able to work independently and with a team
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with varying levels of the organization as needed
- Driven to produce high quality results
- Experience designing, implementing, and troubleshooting websites
- Knowledgeable with SQL optimization for high volume and large databases
- Understanding in SQL Server database functions and related usage like transaction processing, indexing, and performance
- Solid understanding of SQL Server-related development environments (SQL Server Management Studio, Visual Studio, etc.)
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking/deadlocking issues, connectivity issues, data replication issues etc.
- Expert use of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Evidence of strong character with integrity, honesty, accountability and trust
Student Housing is available to candidates who meet eligibility requirements.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.