Under the direction of the Controller, the staff accountant is the person primarily responsible for the maintenance and reconciliation of the general ledger and accounts payable systems. Responsible for daily balancing of accounts receivable and preparations of daily journal entries. This position prepares interim financial statements and reports and is responsible for reconciliation of all general ledger accounts, and insures the integrity of reports and the general ledger. This position assists in the preparation of the department’s annual budget, and also the data input of the annual hospital budget into the accounting system. This description is not intended to be a complete list of duties. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree with Accounting Major. Knowledge and understanding of FASB Accounting Procedures. Previous hospital accounting experience desired.
- Preferred Three to Four years of previous accounting experience with an automated system.
- Working knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing programs.
- Possesses the ability to analyze and compute numbers.
- Must be able to supervise, coordinate, and perform multiple projects simultaneously.
- Self-motivated ability to work independently on projects with emphasis on planning, analytical, organization, and teaching skills.
- Performs related responsibilities as assigned.