Description of Department:
North America Customer Supply Chain (CSC) and Logistics resides within GSK Consumer Healthcare Supply Chain. The different departments that sit within this organization are:
- Customer Supply Chain
- North America Logistics
- Supply Operations
- Customer Service
The North America CSC and Logistics team is responsible for:
- Order to Cash and Deduction Management (U.S.)
- Warehousing and Distribution (North America)
- Display/Repack Production (North America)
- Supply Chain Issues Management (SCIM)/Slow Moving and Obsolete Inventory Management (SLOBS)
- E-Commerce Distribution
The North America CSC and Logistics team is responsible for the following KPI’s:
- Internal On Time and In Full (OTIF) Shipments
- Customer On Time and In Full (OTIF)
- Warehousing and Distribution Costs
- Scrapping Costs
The North America CSC and Logistics team manages the following relationships:
- Interface between GSK Supply Chain and Customer Supply Chain
- Interface between GSK’s Commercial teams and Supply Chain
This role is within the U.S. Customer Service organization.
This student will support the following responsibilities/projects:
- Order to Cash processing within SAP
- Manage customer sales orders, shipments, and billings
- Engage with Sales and Supply Chain teams to address new item launches, discontinuations, transitions, display/promotional programs, short supply challenges, and pre-deduction inquiries
- Prioritization of incoming sales orders based on business objectives
- Engage customers and stakeholders to inform and influence without authority
- Participate as needed in customer conference calls to address issues/focus areas
- Participate as needed in cross-functional stakeholder meetings
- OTIF (On Time and in Full) Compliance
- Review and provide updates for customer scorecards and initiatives
- Deduction Management
- Utilize internal systems, customer portals and third party partner online resources for research and data validation
- Customer Analytics/Reporting
- Perform root cause analyses to reduce sales order errors, exceptions, and invalid deductions
- Collect and maintain order to cash metrics and trends
- Track and report effectiveness of continuous improvement projections
- Pursuing a BS degree in business, computer science, engineering or supply chain management.
- Prior internship/co-op experience valued
- Candidate should have proficient experience with MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, and MS Word.
- Candidate is proficient at writing macros in MS Excel or has other computer programming experience.
- Candidate should have the ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple responsibilities effectively
- Candidate should work well with others in a team environment.
- Candidate must be at least entering sophomore year by the time of the internship.
- Must have an active student status and/or within 12 months of post-graduation from a BS or MS degree program. Post-doctoral candidates are not eligible.
- Candidate must be available to work full-time throughout the 6 month co-op (35-40 hours/week).
- Successfully pass a drug screen and background check prior to assignment target start date.
- Provide your own funding for relocation and commuting.