NEW YORK, NY, US
In response to the current state of affairs (related to COVID-19) and in exercising safe and professional social practices, Graham has transitioned our interviewing and onboarding processes to a virtual platform. Additionally, with the exception of mission essential roles that require limited travel, we have also expanded our existing “flexible workspace” arrangements options to provide opportunities to work fully remotely as we continue to navigate these unprecedented times.
To assist the unit’s team in efforts to develop and maintain a well-organized, efficiently operated office which provides a high quality of services to the children, their families and the communities in which they live.
Duties and Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Manage phone messages, handling correspondence, ordering supplies, and performing other essential day to day activities, which include but are not limited to maintaining sign in/ out sheet; updating program’s office calendar; tracking staff schedules; establish and maintain an administrative filing system within the office; oversee records management, including off-site storage; create and maintain case records; process new referrals and create intake packets.
- Case Aides will follow up on unit case work standard contacts, inclusive of completion of weekly cross-checking grids for each unit in the program.
- Case Aides will assist with collaterals contacts and documentation of the contacts made with families and service providers.
- Support Program Director and Program Supervisor in ensuring that PROMIS and CONNECTIONS systems are updated regularly.
- Maintain a clearinghouse of all forms and resources being used by Graham Windham Preventive Services. Updating Shared Drive.
- Collecting information regarding community resources and disseminating said information to staff and client families.
- Responsible for the development of various types of logs and systems in order to monitor program activities and outcomes
- Update and maintain client roster, FASP due date list, and administrative binders.
- Collect educational data (including report cards and attendance records) and maintaining client roster.
- Provide administrative support to Program Director and Program Supervisor to ensure that program is in compliance with OCFS and NYC Children’s Services’ policies and protocols.
- Provide training and technical assistance to program staff in the areas of clerical and administrative function and to provide clerical support on emergency situations. Orient new staff and interns.
- Case Aides assist with tracking the trainings that the staff have completed.
- Monitor the submission of and follow-up regarding purchase orders, check requests and other correspondences to other agency departments.
- Taking minutes at staff meetings
- Ensure that all office equipment is functional at all times and follow up with repairs when necessary.
- Support program staff by making casework contacts, including covering home visits and other collateral contacts when necessary. Cover home visits when program is understaffed
- Make school visits to help collect educational data.
- Manages mail and correspondences including invitation letters for Service Termination Conference (STC), elevated risk conference (ERC) & family team conference (FTC).
- Has the ability to drive and travel in and out of state when needed.
- Case Aides are required to become fully trained and work on expertise in one of the following areas: Educational resources for families, HRA resources, Housing. Recreational services, Substance abuse resources & support programs, Health/ medical resources, and Care coordination resources.
- Complete other tasks and projects as assigned.
- High School diploma required
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Computer literate and working knowledge of MS Office and similar programs and use of office equipment
- Willingness and ability to drive a car or van within the 5 boroughs of New York City, Long Island, and counties North of the city.
- Ability to organize, manage and teach others in various Administrative and Clerical functions Effectively work in a team setting
- Excellent communication skills, verbal & written
- A strong interest in the enhancement of the quality of life for those who depend upon agency’s services
Full-time position; salary commensurate with experience. Graham Windham offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid time off, holiday pay, retirement savings plan, and much more.